Cleaning Mossy 935

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Cleaning Mossy 935

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:24 am

How far do you guys break down your 935 for a final end of the season cleaning? I've watched a few vids about getting down into the guts of the action, but I wasn't comfortable doing it. I usually do a general clean and swab, blow out with compressor and dry, then lube...
You guys go further than that?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Re: Cleaning Mossy 935

Postby Leaky-NY » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:00 pm

Had mine for 3 years now and my end of season cleaning is simple. I use a can of compressed air and a tooth brush and some hopes cleaning solvent. Just scrub what you can see with the forearm off and go to town. Drop the trigger assembly out and do the same. If you didn't hunt super nasty weather you don't need to pull it all the way down. This has been working for me with no problems.

Leaky
If it aint ducks, Dogs or boats I cant talk now!
Leaky-NY
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:35 am

I like mine a lot too...once you pop those pins out for the trigger assembly....does anything fly out with it? I'm imagining springs and screws and chit...I hook up the compressor with the blower tip and do the same as you..I hunt salt so I'd like to get in there as best I can..
Thanks
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby CaptainWv » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:16 pm

I strip mine completely down, now I don't take apart the trigger assembly or anything like that, but strip all the main pieces off, its not that bad, hard to do any permanent damage. A lot of videos on you tube of disassembly/reassembly
CaptainWv
hunter

Postby brsutton86 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:02 pm

CaptainWv wrote:I strip mine completely down, now I don't take apart the trigger assembly or anything like that, but strip all the main pieces off, its not that bad, hard to do any permanent damage. A lot of videos on you tube of disassembly/reassembly

Ill second this. Clear off the kitchen table. Breakdown there, you wont have to worry about losing anything on the floor. Compressed air cleans it pretty good. I have some buildup in mine at the end of the season. The only thing that could fall out/off is the spring for the trigger pull. It has a hole it falls in, pretty simple. Youtube will show it if it happens to fall out. If you hold the trigger upright when you pull it out, and not turn it over the spring will stay in place. I break down everything else completely and oil it very lightly. Dont forget to unscrew you choke and clean/lube those threads either. Quick place for rust to start on a duck gun.
Livin' the hive life
Buy USA raw honey

Christian Waterfowlers Assoc.
http://www.thecwa.org
brsutton86
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum