wake up moderators!

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

wake up moderators!

Postby toolmaker » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:25 am

you got hammered this morning with spam artists

one mod hasn't signed on since march of last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats the point of being a mod....

the tool
favorite quote: We constantly dont do things this way
toolmaker
hunter

Re: wake up moderators!

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:52 am

They've been hitting us hard for a while now but I've been taking care of them early in the morning before most get online. I'm getting a late start today and trying to clean it back up.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby mudpack » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:46 pm

I think the moderators depend on forum members to alert them to spam; there are far too many forums to check several times a day. A guy has to go to the bathroom once in awhile.....
mudpack
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:06 pm

mudpack wrote:I think the moderators depend on forum members to alert them to spam; there are far too many forums to check several times a day. A guy has to go to the bathroom once in awhile.....

I was under the impression there are several for EACH specialized forum section

i wouldnt expect a guy from montana to monitor the rhode island forum!

but in any case, I think if you havent logged on in a year, they need to give your moderator job to another person....not that its such a big thing to me

just saying

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:54 pm

toolmaker wrote: think if you havent logged on in a year, they need to give your moderator job to another person....not that its such a big thing to me

just saying

the tool

You applying for the job?

Sent from my furloughed Obama phone!
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:39 am

:huh:
orphanedcowboy wrote:
toolmaker wrote: think if you havent logged on in a year, they need to give your moderator job to another person....not that its such a big thing to me

just saying

the tool

knew that was coming.....

so the theory is, never complain about the traffic, unless you want to be a cap, andf never complain about the snow on the roads unless you want tobecome the snowplow truck driver, and never complain about the laws unless you want to become the legislator yourself ect ect ect?????????? :huh:

BUT... I DID apply for my local moderators job AFTER they asked if anyone wanted to be!!!!!!!!

its been TWO YEARS, the administrators never replied and never picked anyone.............you cant win

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:10 am

toolmaker wrote:i wouldnt expect a guy from montana to monitor the rhode island forum!

Why not? His computer will access the R.I. forum.....

I hear what you are saying about being a moderator; I applied several years ago, too, and never heard back. Imagine that!!! :lol3:
mudpack
hunter

Postby z51 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:29 am

See, they do some things right! :thumbsup:
z51
hunter

Postby MuddyTwelveGauge » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:32 am

I want to say thank you to the mods for all their hard work. These guys are unpaid, and the bust their hump keeping a great environment for you guys.

Thanks guys
www.marshmutt.com "Keeping the Steel Flying and the Dogs Retrieving"
A Duck Hunting Chat Sponsor
MuddyTwelveGauge
DHC Sponsor

Postby Nelliboy2 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:30 pm

Why is there so much spam still on the forum I.e hunting gear and shooting sections?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:59 pm

toolmaker wrote::huh:
orphanedcowboy wrote:

just saying

the tool

knew that was coming.....

so the theory is, never complain about the traffic, unless you want to be a cap, andf never complain about the snow on the roads unless you want tobecome the snowplow truck driver, and never complain about the laws unless you want to become the legislator yourself ect ect ect?????????? :huh:

BUT... I DID apply for my local moderators job AFTER they asked if anyone wanted to be!!!!!!!!

its been TWO YEARS, the administrators never replied and never picked anyone.............you cant win

the tool

Ha 2 years ago MO page was going crazy! No mods active on there at all I had to email Chris at the time and tell him what was going on.. That sponsor where getting bashed on by the same ole 3 PIA He got on there kicked them off.. I said i dont really care but I'm on their a lot i could Mod if you wanted... Been a member awhile.. He got back with me well seems you post alot and kind of rag on people from time to time :rolleyes: I go really! no more than anyone else ok what ever man Month later they are openly asking for Mods on the MO forum and guys that hadnt been on page for more than 6 months became mods :hammer:

Side note its hard for them to keep up with the spam crap when the hit every page
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby toolmaker » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:12 pm

hey I know some mods got their hands full, and they have a life too... they dont sit around watching the video for alarms!

and it is good when they let a lot slide...and its even better when they know when and who to nip at the bud...

but there are a lot of forums, and the spammers get in quick and ransack the place as fast as possible....BUT

if you havent even LOGGED ON, for a flipping year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you got no buisness being the mod.....somebody wants it that could actrually show up

if a forum is running snooth....it goes unnoticed that a mod hasnt been on in a while and its OK!!

but on the other side of the fence...if the place is getting critters, its needs help at the sentry post

the tool
toolmaker
hunter

Postby cannon » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:20 pm

If I were moderating, they'd expect me to behave in an un-douche-like manner. Nope, I don't think so. :no:

Even so, I sincerely doubt that I could ever be a moderator after having been perma-banned during the Nick fiasco. You go get em, toolmaker.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Return to Shotgun Forum