Sbe2 oil points

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Sbe2 oil points

Postby fadetoblack188 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:00 pm

What spots do you guys oil? Or out a drop of oil ?
fadetoblack188
hunter

Re: Sbe2 oil points

Postby Nelliboy2 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:05 am

Bolt and slide. Might put a light coat on the hammer as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby fadetoblack188 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:03 am

i have heard some guys are shooting them pretty much dry. is this true?
fadetoblack188
hunter

Sbe2 oil points

Postby Nelliboy2 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:39 am

Idk how. Being intria driven they rely on recoil. Having lube on the bolts and slides speeds up the process as there is less friction.

I lightly coat mine, and have never had a problem down into the negatives.

As far as the other guys running them dry, I can't say other than mine in cold weather will be very slow if I don't have it lube on it. Slow as in shoot, drink a cup of coffee and maybe it will close.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby fadetoblack188 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:53 pm

what part are you referring to when you say the Slide
fadetoblack188
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:56 pm

the section of the receive that the bolt slides up and down in/on. you may have heard them called rails before. The benelli oil is actually quite good IMO.
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby aaronoto » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:30 pm

A little on the rails of the bolt and that's it. I've run mine dry before with no issues in function. It's not exactly a precision fit between the bolt rails and the notches in the receiver that they slide on, which is why it doesn't make me too worried about doing it.
aaronoto
hunter

Postby fadetoblack188 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:08 pm

Ok cool. I rubbed a small amount of oil on the bottom of the bolt. The part of the bolt that makes contact in the slide .
fadetoblack188
hunter

Postby matteocacciadù » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:36 pm

I know that you are in Italy, but the guns are virtually identical, with the guns inertial system should not work with too much oil, when you use clean oil spray, then with a paper towel and take up everything so that there is little oil, because with too much oil tend to get dirty more in the recovery system back seen that what works is the spring in the bottom of the rifle. I am in my benelli m2 do so for years and never had a problem. My personal opinion greetings from Italy Matteo :hi:
matteocacciadù
hunter

Postby fadetoblack188 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:05 pm

It's alway hard to say how much oil is to much . I put a couple drops on bolt where it slides in rails and rub it all over the bolt with my finger
fadetoblack188
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:48 am

fadetoblack188 wrote:It's alway hard to say how much oil is to much . I put a couple drops on bolt where it slides in rails and rub it all over the bolt with my finger

I always just want it looking shining when I hold it under a light. You only want a very light even coat.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Nelliboy2
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum