Beretta Extrema 2 Ghost Load

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Beretta Extrema 2 Ghost Load

Postby TNDuckBoy » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:08 pm

Can all Beretta Extrema 2 be ghoast loaded or is it that only the oldest models do. I just want to make sure before i buy one.
2013-2014 Waterfowl Season

Canadian Geese-12
Mallards-4(3 drakes)
Canvasbacks-2(1drake)
Bluebills-5(4 drakes)
Redheads-7(6 drakes)
Pintails-1
Red Breasted Mergansers-6(1 drake)
Coots-22
TNDuckBoy
hunter

Re: Beretta Extrema 2 Ghost Load

Postby mudpack » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:19 am

:fingerpt:
mudpack
hunter

Postby TNDuckBoy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:04 am

So it cant? damn i wanted to ghost load it. I saw a video on youtube of a guy ghost loading his though. so is it only a specific model of the extrema 2 or?

Canadian Geese-12
Mallards-4(3 drakes)
Canvasbacks-2(1drake)
Bluebills-5(4 drakes)
Redheads-7(6 drakes)
Pintails-1
Coots-22
TNDuckBoy
hunter

Postby Luvbowhuntn » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:07 am

Why are you even wanting to know? Better yet why are you dead set on getting a gun that will float the fourth? Learn to be a better duck hunter and 3 shells will be all you need

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
Real cowboys say the party never ends and the road goes on and on
Luvbowhuntn
hunter

Postby TNDuckBoy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:20 am

i JUST WANTED TO KNOW AND THOUGHT IT WAS COOL TO BE ABLE TO FLOAT A FOURTH IN THE CHAMBER. 3 is all I need but it sure is nice to be able to have one last shot. But this would mainly be my trap gun and snow goose gun. We put extensions on our guns and the more shots the better on conservation hunts so if you could answer my question that would be great bud.

Canadian Geese-12
Mallards-4(3 drakes)
Canvasbacks-2(1drake)
Bluebills-5(4 drakes)
Redheads-7(6 drakes)
Pintails-1
Coots-22
TNDuckBoy
hunter

Postby dfrauenkron » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:18 am

Don't mind the fact it's not only unethical but illegal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dfrauenkron
hunter

Postby TNDuckBoy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:07 am

dfrauenkron wrote:Don't mind the fact it's not only unethical but illegal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. I will be using it for trap and or snow goose conservation hunts which you ont have to have your plug in and you can have extensions for. I use my 10 guage for ducks so i probably wouldnt use the beretta for anything else. but yes your right it is illegal but not for snow goose conservation hunts.

Canadian Geese-12
Mallards-4(3 drakes)
Canvasbacks-2(1drake)
Bluebills-5(4 drakes)
Redheads-7(6 drakes)
Pintails-1
Coots-22
TNDuckBoy
hunter

Postby surfrat » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:20 am

Original H & K Super Black Eagle will float a fourth with no mods....Very simple mod for SBE 2 or newer SBE or even a m2 and many other autos. Some guys do it by filling in one of the notches on bottom of bolt with JB Weld. It will fall out so it has to be redone from time to time. Any gunsmith should be able to do a mod that will last. I am not sure if wardens are aware of the mods or not. I don't think they could write you unless you handed them your gun with four in it. Otherwise I don't think you could be written a ticket because It only has three and the plug is in it... I have an Original SBE and a new one but I would never think of putting a fourth in myself. :no:...Just another reason that a Benelli is the CHIT.
Last edited by surfrat on Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
surfrat
hunter

Postby YJSONLY » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:30 am

The a400 will. I tried it at my house. Never really knew about it "floating" until I read it here and googled it.
YJSONLY
hunter

Postby mudpack » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:38 am

TNDuckBoy wrote:

I know. I will be using it for trap and or snow goose conservation hunts....

....then you should also know that loading more than one shell is against the rules of every trap field in the USA....with the one exception being doubles trap, where you can load a maximum of two shells at a time.

The reason I gave you the :fingerpt: is that it is illegal to float a fourth shell when hunting migratory game birds.... the ONLY exception is the conservation season on light geese.
mudpack
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:46 am

Overview of Other Regulations *

Additional Federal and State regulations apply to waterfowl hunting, including those summarized below.

Illegal hunting methods. You cannot hunt waterfowl:

•With a trap, snare, net, rifle, pistol, swivel gun, shotgun larger than 10 gauge, punt gun, battery gun, machine gun, fish hook, poison, drug, explosive, or stupefying substance.
•From a sink box or any other low floating device that conceals you beneath the surface of the water.
•From a motorboat or sailboat, unless you shut the motor off or furl the sail and the vessel is no longer in motion.
•Using live birds as decoys.
•While possessing any shot other than approved nontoxic shot.
•From or by means, aid, or use of any motor vehicle, motor-driven land conveyance, or aircraft (if you are a paraplegic or are missing one or both legs, you may hunt from a stationary car or other stationary motor-driven land vehicle or conveyance).
•Using recorded or electrically amplified bird calls or sounds, or imitations of these calls and sounds.
•With a shotgun that can hold more than three shells, unless you plug it with a one-piece filler that cannot be removed without disassembling the gun.

* http://www.fws.gov/le/waterfowl-hunting ... iting.html

The Feds will write your arse up in a NYS.
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:48 am

mudpack wrote:
TNDuckBoy wrote:

I know. I will be using it for trap and or snow goose conservation hunts....

The reason I gave you the :fingerpt: is that it is illegal to float a fourth shell when hunting migratory game birds.... the ONLY exception is the conservation season on light geese.

Pigeons, rabbits squirrels etc lol

To answer his question I have no idea other than to open the bolt about 3/4 of the way back and try and slide a 3" shell in and see if it closes.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby mudpack » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:28 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:•With a shotgun that can hold more than three shells, unless you plug it with a one-piece filler that cannot be removed without disassembling the gun. [/i]

I guess this means the new Browning Maxus is....technically....illegal for use as a waterfowl gun.
Browning says you can remove the plug in a few seconds with a car key; it's called the Turnkey Feature.
:huh:

I suppose, because you have to remove the forearm to use this feature, it could fall under the realm of "disassembly"....but only a good lawyer could tell us that. Know any, Yuch? :biggrin:
mudpack
hunter

Postby surfrat » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:20 pm

You guys are reading too much in this. If your gun is plugged you are legal. Even with a gun that will float a fourth.As long as you only have three in it and a plug that will prevent a third from being loaded into the mag tube.
Last edited by surfrat on Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
surfrat
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:29 pm

mudpack wrote:
Yuchi1 wrote:•With a shotgun that can hold more than three shells, unless you plug it with a one-piece filler that cannot be removed without disassembling the gun. [/i]

I guess this means the new Browning Maxus is....technically....illegal for use as a waterfowl gun.
Browning says you can remove the plug in a few seconds with a car key; it's called the Turnkey Feature.
:huh:

I suppose, because you have to remove the forearm to use this feature, it could fall under the realm of "disassembly"....but only a good lawyer could tell us that. Know any, Yuch? :biggrin:

Cannon might know where one (good lawyer) is hiding out these days. :wink:

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:31 pm

surfrat wrote:You guys are reading too much in this. If your gun is plugged you are legal. Even with a SBE that will float a fourth.As long as you only have three in it and a plug that will prevent a third from being loaded into the mag tube.

Hmmm...all I'm "reading" is the verbiage of the law itself.

If it wasn't a potential problem then why did Benelli change their shotguns to eliminate the 4th float?

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby TNDuckBoy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:19 pm

Good God Im not hunting illegaly nor will I ever do so. I just asked a simple question. WILL IT GHOST LOAD!

Canadian Geese-12
Mallards-4(3 drakes)
Canvasbacks-2(1drake)
Bluebills-5(4 drakes)
Redheads-7(6 drakes)
Pintails-1
Coots-22
TNDuckBoy
hunter

Postby garlicsalt » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:35 pm

you tell em TN, i made the simple mistake of asking what they meant by float a fourth shell (ghost load) because i had read the term on DHC but i did not no what it meant so i thought i would ask. what a huge mistake that was. i was almost barred from the site for asking. i think around these parts anyone asking about ghost loads has got to be a poacher obviously just look at the responses you got. LIGHTEN-UP PEOPLE IT'S A SIMPLE QUESTION.
garlicsalt
hunter

Postby surfrat » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:56 pm

I like to call it Floating the fourth and pleading the fifth. I converted my sbe2 by filling in the back groove on the bolt . My origional SBE came ready to go. MY SBE II will only float a 3 in but the SBE will float a 3.5. If you fill in the rear groove on the bottom of your bolt with epoxy the Extrema 2 will float a fourth round...So will a lot of other autos.
Last edited by surfrat on Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
surfrat
hunter

Postby garlicsalt » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:01 pm

by the way if you check my previous post and click on this subject you will see that the post has been LOCKED by the moderators (i guess) they really don't like this topic.
garlicsalt
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:04 pm

surfrat wrote:I like to call it Floating the fourth and pleading the fifth. I converted my sbe2 by filling in the back groove on the bolt . My origional SBE came ready to go. MY SBE II will only float a 3 in but the SBE will float a 3.5. If you fill in the rear groove on the bottom of your bolt with epoxy the Extrema 2 will float a fourth round...So will a lot of other autos.

1. Federal & State LEO routinely cruise these type websites. Just ask the Texan that made a post about an owl he impaled into the grille of his truck. USFWS showed up at his house shortly afterwards and it cost serious $$'s to get out of that scrape.

2. A LEO checks your shotgun and notices the JD Weld treatment, you are toast, whether or not it is loaded as that is evidence of intent.

3. This is not a preaching post to the jackwagons that wiil do such anyway rather, to let a newbie know what might get him/her in Dutch with the law should they follow the advice of some of the people around here.

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Postby surfrat » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:19 pm

Who said anything about eating Owls....I think that unless you are hunting ducks with a fourth round in your gun and get caught doing it you are o.k. If you think that it is against the law to modify your gun to hold an extra round you are nuts..Hunting with the extra round and getting caught is against the law but filling in the groove so it is capable to float is not..Have you ever heard of shooting sports events...Every gun there is modified...This is not Russia yet my friend...If you are a Lawyer your specialty must be real estate or tax law. I think it is funny that you actually believe that the govt or police give a crap if someone modifies their shotgun to float a fourth round.. What law exactly has been broken..You have been watching too much T.V. We are not talking about turning it into a full auto here. Every 3 gun shooter in the country is an outlaw according to you. If the guy wants to modify his gun that is his business. I just told him how. No laws have been broken here. Every auto I own will float a fourth round and there is no way that as long as I have a plug in it and three shells I am in any trouble from anyone...How exactly am I going to be toast for the modification. Do you seriously believe that. I am not saying to go out and hunt Ducks with four rounds in you gun but he has the right to modify his auto. You think you are doing some public service to scare this guy but I disagree. I am pro gun and pro doing whatever you want as long as you don't break the law. And a gun that will float a fourth round is not breaking any law..I suppose it is against the law to do a Trigger job on a pistol or rifle as well. I hope the C.I.A. dosent find out I have short reset triggers on all my pistols. :eek:,,,And by the way Devcon is better than J.B. Weld. It last longer
surfrat
hunter

Postby TNDuckBoy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:55 pm

I am not even goin gto mae an epoxy modification to the gun. I just asked a simple question. I am not breaking the law nor will I do so. So lay off.

Canadian Geese-12
Mallards-4(3 drakes)
Canvasbacks-2(1drake)
Bluebills-5(4 drakes)
Redheads-7(6 drakes)
Pintails-1
Coots-22
TNDuckBoy
hunter

Postby mudpack » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:49 pm

Yuchi1 wrote:Overview of Other Regulations *
Additional Federal and State regulations apply to waterfowl hunting, including those summarized below.
Illegal hunting methods. You cannot hunt waterfowl:
•With a shotgun that can hold more than three shells, unless you plug it with a one-piece filler that cannot be removed without disassembling the gun.

Some of you guys who claim that you won't be in violation because of your intent are ignoring the wording of the law: the "capability" of your gun is what might garner you the ticket, not the "contents" of your gun.
mudpack
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:24 am

TNDuckBoy wrote:I am not even goin gto mae an epoxy modification to the gun. I just asked a simple question. I am not breaking the law nor will I do so. So lay off.

by TNDuckBoy » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:04 am

So it cant? damn i wanted to ghost load it. I saw a video on youtube of a guy ghost loading his though. so is it only a specific model of the extrema 2 or

Your second post on this thread.

FSH Pro Staffer

Yuchi1
hunter

Next

Return to Shotgun Forum