stoeger2000 need answers

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

stoeger2000 need answers

Postby damnit_deke » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:28 pm

is a stoeger a reliable gun will i have problems with this semi auto 12 ga i could use the info
if it has a heartbeat i can kill it
damnit_deke
hunter

stoeger 2000

Postby lindschesapeake » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:54 pm

I bought one and shot about 10 boxes through it. However, it really caused terrible cheek brusing so I ended up trading it in. It seemed to do okay but it could not handle the cheap field loads without jamming. The AA's and sts worked fine. I never got it out for a duck hunt.

My recommendation is to look at the H&K gas guns or pay the price and get a bennelli. I have an m90 and I really like it.
lindschesapeake
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:38 pm

the stoeger 2000 uses the same action that is found in the $1,200.00 Benelli SBE's. being that the action is the real concern on a semi-auto gun i think you are in good hands with the stoeger...
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:43 am

This is the second person I've heard saying that the Stoegar kicks the crap out of you! I've been looking at an O/U by them, starting to reconsider.
:salude:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:34 am

sounds like linds problem was more one of "fit" than a gun problem. cheek bruising is usually a sign that the gun is not being shouldered properly or otherwise not fitting where it is supposed to fit.

additionally, to be getting whacked that hard by a gas operated semi auto gun shooting trap loads makes me suspect a poor fit even more.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby had » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:56 am

swamp puppy wrote:
to be getting whacked that hard by a gas operated semi auto gun shooting trap loads makes me suspect a poor fit even more.

i agree
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Stoeger

Postby lindschesapeake » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:06 pm

It was a matter of fit. I have no problems with my onyx or the the M-1. Since I bought the gun for a kick around gun I just let it go and picked up a 391 and I have no problems with it.

I will say that the inertia recoil operated guns will have more of a felt recoil than gas guns. My M-1 kicks harder tham the 391 and the Montefeltro I've shot in the past kicked as hard as my onyx. The guns are designed to capture the inertia and use it in driving the bolt back. Thus, you will have more of a felt recoil. The over all energy is the same but it is enhanced to apply the energy over a shorter period.
lindschesapeake
hunter

Postby steelshooter » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:28 pm

I've owned my stoeger since sept. of this year and have had no trouble with it at all, i've hunted dove ducks and geese here in okla. and deer in minn. also shot alot of wobble trap with it, all of this without one jam or bruised cheek. I think it will out perform all guns in its price range and several of the higher cost ones. and when you drop it in the mud or scratch it you wont feel as bad as you would if you had paid $1400.00. :thumbsup:
steelshooter
hunter

stoeger2000 need answers

Postby damnit_deke » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:34 pm

im a proud owner of a stoeger uesd it at the range and very happy with it thanks for ur replies
if it has a heartbeat i can kill it
damnit_deke
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum