My new gun

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

My new gun

Postby cmsu870 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:43 pm

Well boys, I bought a benelli nova and it is fully camoed. I absolutely love it and i'm pretty sure it was worth every penny. It was 369 dollars, but it came with three different choke tubes, and the camo pattern. It is a lighter gun, so it kicks a little harder, but oh well. The trigger is a little heavy, and i really didn't notice it until gsphunter said something about it. I think if i just shoot it enough i will get used to it. Other wise i'm going to take it to the gun smith and have that trigger lightened up a little bit. Well, if anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.
They make those?
Tyler
cmsu870
State Moderator

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:40 pm

congratulations on your purchase, may it provide you many good days afield!
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby Quackers » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:23 am

2 words RECOIL REDUCER Benelli makes a nice butt stock unit and it works very well :thumbsup:
Quackers
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:50 pm

They have a mercury reducer also...Ive seen for around $70. Adds a little wieght though. A guy told me that it does work when shooting them 3.5". Pattern your new gun with different shells ta find a good pattern....best thing I ever did. Kills em dead :thumbsup:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby shrpshtr » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:22 pm

congrats on your new gun. that seems like a good price too. i don't think we can get benelli's around here for less the $5 or $600. i'll have to check though. definitely pattern it with different shells though. so few people do this yet it makes such a huge difference.
shrpshtr
hunter

Postby donell67 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:32 pm

congrats on the gun. thats about what we pay here.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:54 pm

cmsu870 is it in advantage max4 with truglow from sight?
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Swamp Puppy » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:41 am

sounds like we have another Benelli lover!!

i just finished my first season with my nova. paid about 360 for it..camo pattern and 28" barrel.

mine seems to like the Federal SpeedShok shells. the cheap 2 3/4" 1oz load of #2's flying at 1375fps i think it is. with the IC choke it patterns pretty well and i kill alot of ducks with that stuff (shooting inside 30 yards over dekes) you have to get out and pattern it for yourself though. if you're like me, you probably have a few different boxes of "assorted" shotgun shells laying around after a season. take these out and put 'em on paper.

haven't tried the recoil reducer in mine...the kick of the 3.5" is a good stiff kick, but not so much so that i can't live with it. besides, i can think of alot of other toys to buy for 70 bucks.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum