New Versamax Waterfpwl "Pro" coming out

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: New Versamax Waterfpwl "Pro" coming out

Postby JWG » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:16 am

How do the inserts on the stock and forearm hold up? I personally don't care for any of that stuff(or on Berettas or dura-touch). I've held a couple and I kinda liked the thick forearm. The thing pointed really well for me.

War Wagon, I usually don't get into things with folks especially online as it really seems to not make any sense for many reasons but you can insert your "who cares" to the spinning ejecta(er whatever) topic! I really agree with your caring about the future of Remington! I loved em when I was little, and hope to in the future as well. As you said, maybe this is a step in the right direction for Remmy
JWG
hunter

Postby Fsbirdhouse » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:25 am

War Wagon wrote:The very first brand new shotgun I ever got, Dad ordered a pair of new 870 3" magnums for us out of a Gun Digest or some such magazine in '61 or '62, and the picture was with the ribbed fore end, and then it came with the stamped in checkering.
Must have been the first year they did that to the magnum models.
It's in the gun cabinet in the next room. My son uses it now whenever he comes hunting with Dad. Clobbered a mess of Doves last opening day.
Like to get him the new Versa Max for next season.

Do you remember on the 870 Magnum models, what Remington sent for a duck plug ?
I still got mine.. :yes:[/quote]
I'm gonna have to check. In the over 50 years I've had it, I never had the plug out!
Fsbirdhouse
hunter

Postby TuJays » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:04 pm

JWG wrote:How do the inserts on the stock and forearm hold up?

They hold up extremely well....matter of fact they are probably the toughest damn thing on the whole gun.
They do make holding onto your gun when covered in SE Missouri & NE Arkansas rice field mud easy and the comb insert leaves your dental work where it belongs!
I have done so much for so long with so little, I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
TuJays
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:21 pm

1969 Remington 870 Mag Duck plug.
all steel you put this in the end of the mag tube that had a small hole in it, then you put the screw in to hold it in place.
This weight was to give you better "swing"
Pic's suck.....Sorry
Attachments
134.JPG
End of weight
135.JPG
Side screw
133.JPG
O.A.L. of plug
War Wagon
hunter

Previous