Finally ran some rounds through Stoeger M3000

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Finally ran some rounds through Stoeger M3000

Postby DuckNoobie » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:03 pm

Just got a Stoeger M3000 about a week and a half ago. Last week, I took it out for the first time and we only had some cheap Winchester Super X 2 3/4 1oz loads. I went to a skeet range and only loaded one in the chamber at a time. It failed to eject probably 5 of the rounds out of 50. I had disassembled it completely and cleaned and lubed it before I took it out. Bought some higher powered stuff to break it in this weekend and ran a box of Winchester 3 inch 1 1/8oz, Remington 2 3/4 1 1/8oz, and Winchester 2 3/4 1oz (in that order). Ran all without any any problems and was spot on. Really happy with the gun right now. We'll see how it continues to function, and how the gun itself holds up over time (not expecting Benelli quality, and I don't know what materials it uses compared to some of the more well-known brands). However, so far, I'm really happy with how the gun's performing.
DuckNoobie
hunter

Re: Finally ran some rounds through Stoeger M3000

Postby Dep6 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:18 pm

I happened to have some of the old high brass 7 1/2's and ran them thru mine when I first shot it and have never had a moment's trouble.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Return to Shotgun Forum