Duck Hunting Forum banner

benelli M2

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  yamaha783 
#1 ·
im considering hanging up the upland special. the salt marshes are a little harsh on her. i love how it shoots but i am tired of pussyfooting around tryin not to stave it all to hell. im considering buying a m2 in 20. somone must have shot one here before now. any feedback??? likes, dislikes

#3 ·
:dito: It is harder to change out loads in a hurry than the Beretta and my pumps, but other than that it is a load of fun to shoot. The 20 is very light and fast handling. A little too light and fast for me for duck hunting. The 12 makes a good duck gun for fast shooting, but I like something with a bit more weight for longer shots.

#5 ·
LOP is adjustable with different pads. They are not cheap, but you can get a system from one of the other pad mfr's so you can do it for a little less. The shim system is to adjust the drop and cast on cast off.

Check the Benelli site for the pad lengths. I think you get about a 14 1/4" with it and I think they have one thinner and one thicker, but it has been a while. Give the stock one a try as they fit your shoulder a little different than a wide flat back pad so to me they feel a little shorter in the lop.

#7 ·
Over time the spring gets weak and some rust can form in the tube from moisture. Typically a spring will last about 10 years.

it should be cleaned every year and the spring replaced every two.

I own a Beretta UL391 and in four years of HARD hunting I have never had a problem with it. Before I purchased it I asked my local gun shops which of the two shotguns they get in the shop more often for repairs. I was told the Benelli is in the shop 5 to 1 over the Beretta. The main reason has been the spring, most people do not break it down far enough to clean the spring and or pay no attention to it at all until it seizes up. $86.00 later and a new spring they are back in bussiness. Any outoloader that is not taken care of will eventually cause you problems. The best advice anyone could give you is choose the shotgun that fits you best without major fitting. Once you find it minor changes will square everything up and you will shoot much better with a properly fitted gun. Shotguns are similar to golf clubs the New In Box version is built to fit a majority of the consumers BUT not ALL of them. Get it fitted to you and many happy days afield you shall have. If it fits llike a square peg in a round hole you will miss more than you should. that's my 10 cents (my 2 cents are free).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.