BENELLI M2 20 GAUGE

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

BENELLI M2 20 GAUGE

Postby kcwellington » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:09 pm

JUST BOUGHT MY SON (10) A BENELLI M2 20 GA. 26" BARREL . ANYBODY OUT THERE EVER HAD ONE OR HAS ONE? LOVE TO HEAR THE PROS AND CONS. FEELS GREAT JUST HAVENT SHOT IT YET.
kcwellington
hunter

Re: BENELLI M2 20 GAUGE

Postby Yuchi1 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Have one that was originally purchased for #1 daughter. Would advise to get the "skinny" gel pad for it as it probably came with either the mid or long one. That way, the shotgun can grow with him. Awesome shotgun!
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby cootlover » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Best semi every :thumbsup:
cootlover
hunter

Postby Tgunz_64 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:02 pm

Picked one up in October and love it! Got mine in a 24". The only complaint I have is putting the shells into the magazine. For some reason it's very hard to push that last shell in. Benelli said they make the springs 6" longer than it really needs. Haven't decided yet if I should just shoot it more and see if it loosens up or cut a few inches off of the spring. Other than that I love it!
Tgunz_64
hunter

Postby nitram » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:33 pm

Tgunz_64 wrote:Picked one up in October and love it! Got mine in a 24". The only complaint I have is putting the shells into the magazine. For some reason it's very hard to push that last shell in. Benelli said they make the springs 6" longer than it really needs. Haven't decided yet if I should just shoot it more and see if it loosens up or cut a few inches off of the spring. Other than that I love it!

Before you cut the spring, try removing the spring and place into a pot of boiling water for about 2 minutes. This will remove the cosmoline and also soften it a touch. Immediately lube (lightly), reassemble, and load the magazine to capacity with 3" shells and let it sit.

To the OP, you have purchased an outstanding shotgun that should serve your grandchildren well given a scosche of TLC.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby KRB » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:55 pm

You bought a very reliable, low maintenance, light weight 20. What's not to like.
KRB
hunter

Postby SMcGarrity » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:59 pm

great piece. when shoving shells in mine i sometimes come up a bit short b/c its pretty stiff. shoots where i point and shoulders very well/smooth.

i traded an winchester sx3 20ga for mine. i think i got the better end of the deal.

:lol3:
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby B-Boy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:04 pm

There's nothing I don't like about my M2. I have the same model as you. I got it 7 years ago and use it for hunting ducks, pheasant, crows, turkey and clay pigeons. Great stock for waterfowl. Lightweight enough for upland game. If you do your part, you'll have fresh game on the table every time (unless you're after clay pigeons). The M2 will not let you down. Mine has never failed me.
Benelli - Cordoba (20 ga. & 12 ga.)
Browning - 725 Sporting (12 ga.), Maxus Hunter
B-Boy
hunter

Postby winchester1852 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Tgunz_64 wrote:Picked one up in October and love it! Got mine in a 24". The only complaint I have is putting the shells into the magazine. For some reason it's very hard to push that last shell in. Benelli said they make the springs 6" longer than it really needs. Haven't decided yet if I should just shoot it more and see if it loosens up or cut a few inches off of the spring. Other than that I love it!

When you start messing with chit your going to have problems.
if you can read this your almost as smart as a dolphin.
winchester1852
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum