Remington SP-10

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Remington SP-10

Postby Theircommited10 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:59 pm

Seems every now and again you hear folks talking about this gun . I really like it myself . Super soft shooter and I just flat shoot well with it . I've heard rumors Remington may bring it back on limited basis . Ive asked Remington and haven't gotten a straight answer .
User avatar
Theircommited10
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: ILLINOIS


Re: Remington SP-10

Postby JWG » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:15 pm

Remington Super Max Waterfowl 10 Gauge. I know, I really shouldn't post something like that.
I've had both the SP-10 and the Gold 10 and they both are great guns. Some people really freak out for or against the 10. I'm the guy that says, hey its another gun, why not? The rifle world has seen all sorts of fun cartridges(varmint and big game, mostly varmint) for all sorts of different uses, so why should the waterfowl world or any other firearm sport be any different?
JWG
hunter
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:29 pm

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby nitram » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:03 pm

I've tried to get a straight answer to this 'rumor' more than once from a couple of guys that would know. They say it's been discussed at high levels but Remington really wants to get the Versa firmly established, first and foremost. I for one think the SP-10 is one of the best shotguns I've toted across North America. It's proven to be a reliable, pleasant shooter that delivers a lethal payload to geese and turkeys without fail. It's one of my top 5 shotguns I've ever fired.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
User avatar
nitram
hunter
 
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:54 pm
Location: West OK on the South Canadian Riviera

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby Sammyshonker » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Odd that it is still shown in the remington catalogue though listed as discontinued...
"Until then, I'm gonna fear God, love my neighbor, and kill ducks, and let the cards fall where they may..."
Phil Robertson
User avatar
Sammyshonker
hunter
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:53 pm
Location: timbuc3

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby 10gaOkie » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:59 pm

The first few thousand SP10s had a LE in front of the serial number for Limited Edition. It started out as a LE production gun and when those were gone, that would be it. As it was, they sold so quick and were in such high demand, they took the LE off and continued making them for quite a few years. I would not doubt for a minute that they will come out with it again, probably taking the same path they did in the first place.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter
 
Posts: 2958
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: OKC

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby War Wagon » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:09 pm

The 4 SP-10's I own all start out with "RM" in the beginning.
I always thought I had a Old SP-10, ser# RM000736... :huh:
User avatar
War Wagon
hunter
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:23 pm
Location: Green Bay Wisconsin

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby 10gaOkie » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:42 pm

I based what I said about the LE serial number from info I got from various long time SP10 owners. I thought it was common knowledge that the LE models were the first ones offered by Rem. The only way to know for sure would be to get info from the horse's mouth.....Rem Arms.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter
 
Posts: 2958
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: OKC

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:09 pm

I got this straight from the Remington site and its history of the SP10

Serial Number Blocks: 1989 only: LE89****
1990 - Present: RM******

Mine was made on November 1992 and was numbered in the RM 01100 bracket
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter
 
Posts: 1780
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: Central Kansas

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby cluckmeister » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:17 pm

War Wagon wrote:The 4 SP-10's I own all start out with "RM" in the beginning.
I always thought I had a Old SP-10, ser# RM000736... :huh:

whats the code on the barrel
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter
 
Posts: 1780
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: Central Kansas

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby War Wagon » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:02 pm

I don't have that BBL anymore it was a 28" and I put a 26" on it.
User avatar
War Wagon
hunter
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:23 pm
Location: Green Bay Wisconsin

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby cluckmeister » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:35 pm

War Wagon wrote:I don't have that BBL anymore it was a 28" and I put a 26" on it.

If the barrel was original I could tell you when it was made, I found a sight that is better than remingtons as Rems only shows to 1972. Since the barrel was swapped as far as I know you need to call Rem and give them the RM serial for a date of manufactor
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter
 
Posts: 1780
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: Central Kansas

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby Theircommited10 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:57 pm

nitram wrote:I've tried to get a straight answer to this 'rumor' more than once from a couple of guys that would know. They say it's been discussed at high levels but Remington really wants to get the Versa firmly established, first and foremost. I for one think the SP-10 is one of the best shotguns I've toted across North America. It's proven to be a reliable, pleasant shooter that delivers a lethal payload to geese and turkeys without fail. It's one of my top 5 shotguns I've ever fired.



Thanks for the info . We can only keep our fingers crossed it comes back !
User avatar
Theircommited10
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: ILLINOIS

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby jrp267 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:31 pm

Just buy a gold ten.
jrp267
hunter
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:42 pm

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby pangborn83 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:56 pm

I emailed Remington a month or so ago asking if there was any plans to run any barrels for the sp 10 (I want to try a 26") or if they were going to be bringing back the sp in the future even, so that I could buy a complete new one with a 26" barrel. I told them if they were not that I was gonna buy a browning gold to try a shorter barrel but if they were possibly going to do another production I was going to wait and that I would probably buy a versa max for the time being to get a shorter barreled waterfowl gun. They responded the sp 10 was not going to be brought back and at the time they do not plan to make anymore replacement parts. They also said that if I wanted a 10 gauge with a shorter barrel I should look at other manufacturers offerings. I can't say they won't bring it back but I don't think its gonna happen to soon.
pangborn83
hunter
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:51 pm

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby Theircommited10 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:49 pm

jrp267 wrote:Just buy a gold ten.


Nah no chance I Don't like them . I like the SP a lot more . Fit feel and everything about it over Brownings offering .


Pangborn83 dang that's terrible news . But thanks for the information .
User avatar
Theircommited10
DHC Sponsor
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: ILLINOIS

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby cluckmeister » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:06 pm

monkeyzhou177 wrote:This guide can permit you to carry the implies on but, you'll be able to acquire lots of loose modification through the ultimate phrase crew concerning Fifa tourney. the subsequent info together is additionally created to help you in craving for many famous participants you would like in an Diablo 3 Gold exceedingly wise value and affirmative it's going to probably assist you in constructing your excellent squad. These decisions nice in your case specifically if you tend to be aiming to pursue making an attempt to stimulate your participant you wish. the game provides you with ideal experience to be able to feel as if a casino game operator or maybe a participant.


Wow I think some bodys smoking a bit to much
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter
 
Posts: 1780
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: Central Kansas

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby UmatillaJeff » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:16 pm

I have owned them all the way back to LE. They are awesome and the 26 inch barrel points as good as any 12ga gun going. I think it's so fuuny when guys say the 10ga is slow. I can shoot just as fast with my 10ga auto's out of a hide a blind as I can my 28ga autos and pumps. I own the remingtons as well as the browning. I have shot guns with the safety in he back since I was a kid. I hate that about the sx-1 and the Browning Gold 10ga. The safety in front of the trigger guard is not a deal breaker but I wish it was in the back where it belongs!

The Browning has a much higher impact. Some of them shoot crazy high. It's a boon when you are shooting way out as it gives you some gain when it comes to your pattern dropping. Remember these are 10ga guns. They are for shooting FAR. Shoot a 60 yard pattern and see how much it drops at 60. It may surprise you.

the Remington points better then the Browning but the Browning can be a little easier to clean. You really can't g wrong with either.
Count all the times you shoot a bird on the water. This will teach you about how effective the shells you think are so great are.
UmatillaJeff
hunter
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby DoubleDutchChuck » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:31 pm

UmatillaJeff wrote:I have owned them all the way back to LE. They are awesome and the 26 inch barrel points as good as any 12ga gun going. I think it's so fuuny when guys say the 10ga is slow. I can shoot just as fast with my 10ga auto's out of a hide a blind as I can my 28ga autos and pumps. I own the remingtons as well as the browning. I have shot guns with the safety in he back since I was a kid. I hate that about the sx-1 and the Browning Gold 10ga. The safety in front of the trigger guard is not a deal breaker but I wish it was in the back where it belongs!

The Browning has a much higher impact. Some of them shoot crazy high. It's a boon when you are shooting way out as it gives you some gain when it comes to your pattern dropping. Remember these are 10ga guns. They are for shooting FAR. Shoot a 60 yard pattern and see how much it drops at 60. It may surprise you.

the Remington points better then the Browning but the Browning can be a little easier to clean. You really can't g wrong with either.


Have to agree with Jeff on this. My SP-10 w/ the 26" barrel definitely comes up better then my Brn.Gold Lite. And as he stated, the swing isn't much different then a heavier 12ga. My Brn Gold Lite shoots high,just as Jeff stated, another reason I like the
SP-10.
"Listen to those Whispering Wings"
DoubleDutchChuck
hunter
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:03 pm
Location: Southwest Idaho

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby 10gaOkie » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:20 am

Since day one, when I looked at my first 10ga auto, I have liked the Brownings the best. After owning and hunting with two SP10s, they are fantastic guns but I still prefer shooting the Gold10. Having both, its just hard to grab the SP10 out of the safe to go on a morning's hunt. All three of my 10s have 30" barrels. With my Brownings shooting high has never been a problem no matter what the range of the shot was. Since they are both great guns, there is really not a bad choice you can make.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter
 
Posts: 2958
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:38 pm
Location: OKC

Re: Remington SP-10

Postby Yuchi1 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:44 am

cluckmeister wrote:
monkeyzhou177 wrote:This guide can permit you to carry the implies on but, you'll be able to acquire lots of loose modification through the ultimate phrase crew concerning Fifa tourney. the subsequent info together is additionally created to help you in craving for many famous participants you would like in an Diablo 3 Gold exceedingly wise value and affirmative it's going to probably assist you in constructing your excellent squad. These decisions nice in your case specifically if you tend to be aiming to pursue making an attempt to stimulate your participant you wish. the game provides you with ideal experience to be able to feel as if a casino game operator or maybe a participant.


Wow I think some bodys smoking a bit to much


Or, his chinese/english translation software is on crack. :yes:
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: Creek Nation of Oklahoma


Return to Shotgun Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

cron