"Watch Movie Online For Free" SICK OF IT!!

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

"Watch Movie Online For Free" SICK OF IT!!

Postby 10gaOkie » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:32 pm

Why cant something be done about these links, and stoping these posters in their tracks? It continues on and on, I am sick of it.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Re: "Watch Movie Online For Free" SICK OF IT!!

Postby hamernhonkers » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:20 pm

I think a large part of it is we do not have an active moderator on this forum. Looks like we need a new one who can clean these up and ban the IP of the spammers.
Hello

David wrote:
I have suspended the suspension on the suspended, allowing the suspended to post in a non-suspending manner.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Postby 10gaOkie » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:31 pm

The most recent spam was on here at 7am this morning. I reported some of them then. They are still there ten hours later. Not to mention the same guy posting new stuff over and over. I guess I am just going to have to learn to read between the lines! And, ignor the spam lines. It's a shame.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby AKWoody » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:04 pm

I agree. Since the new ownership, site quality has declined.
AKWoody
hunter

Postby nitram » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:42 pm

Just wait until the US relinquishes control of the internet to the UN. Yee-freakin'-haw!!!
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:14 am

We are trying to stay on top of the spam the best we can. Trust me when I tell you that I'm a lot more sick of it than any of you. :) I try to log in as soon as I wake up each morning and wade through the spam that I can. I have to wait until the ones that I can't find are reported and deal with them the next time I log in. There are only 3 or 4 of us that have the powers to deal with them in all of the forums and it has been a full time job for each of us lately. The new owners are trying out different things now to put a stop to it, so we will see how it works. The problem is that the owners aren't very familiar with the software this forum uses and we may have to change software packages in the future to get it under control. I've tried to teach myself a lot more of the admin functions to help out, but I can only do so much.

By the way, Dunn Sporting goods is a sponsor so there is only so much I can do there.

Please don't hesitate to report any spam because it makes it easier for us to deal with it. I have a tool available to me that allows me to ban the spammer and delete all of their posts with a few button clicks, so if they are reported I can ban and delete them immediately.

Thanks,

La. Hunter
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby La. Hunter » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:16 am

By the way, be careful posting thread titles like this one. I saw it and was headed straight to the ban/delete button when I realized it wasn't spam. I can reactivate accounts, but there is no way to bring back all of the users posts once they are deleted.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby mudpack » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:15 am

Thank you for your service, 'hunter. :thumbsup:
mudpack
hunter

Postby Dep6 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:01 am

Promise we are trying, I just got done banning like 15 and moving posts this morning. If LA don't get it, I try to log in and get them, please be patient, I know you have been, we are still trying to get them to get a fix in place for the SPAM.
Saving the Poodles of America, one Alligator at a time!!
Dep6
Site Admin

Postby 10gaOkie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:54 am

Thanks guys, I know you are trying. It just helps to vent a little when there is nothing I can do on my end except keep on reporting violations. Hopefully these spamers will find another place to roost and get tired of DHC.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby mudpack » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:26 am

What I can't fathom is WHY they do it??? What do the spammers get out of it....? :huh:
mudpack
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:13 am

mudpack wrote:What I can't fathom is WHY they do it??? What do the spammers get out of it....? :huh:

Hits = money

Sent from my furloughed Obama phone!
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:40 am

Ahhhh...now I see. Thanks, cowboy.
mudpack
hunter

Postby cannon » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:17 pm

I responded in the honey hole to several of the threads with what I thought was a reasonable response ("suck it"). I was admonished by one of the mods that doing so makes their job harder.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby 10gaOkie » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:57 pm

From what I was told, I came close to having the button pressed on me and all of my posts. I will be more careful next time and just let it go.

Chris
10gaOkie
hunter

Postby cannon » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:31 pm

10gaOkie wrote:From what I was told, I came close to having the button pressed on me and all of my posts. I will be more careful next time and just let it go.

Chris

Yeah, LA told me the same thing when I posted a thread entitled "watch yank my doodle it's a dandy free online".
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Return to Shotgun Forum