help me pick guns

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

help me pick guns

Postby crzyltllb55 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:16 am

hey guys, im 13 and im a gun freak.i love guns!I am thinking about getting a few new guns for next season.money is not a problem because i have a job but not really willing to go over $800.right now i shoot an old 870 that was passed down by my dad an is 19 years old.this gun is very reliable but is old and has cracked wood.time to retire this gun.here are the 3 i was looking at.any advice or opinions would be deeply appreciated.

1.super x2 3.5
2.remington 11-87
3.mossberg 935
crzyltllb55
Newb

Hey Muff

Postby Ducks » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:50 pm

Your looking for one out of those 3? Good lord look around don`t let that money burn a hole in your pocket :cool: Think of the very best gun for what you want ....so consider,,,,,,,,,,,are you hunting out of a pit blind ? All kinda clean ? Near sand,mud, or from a nasty boat and its going to get knocked around ? Just dead set on a auto loader? Get back with me we all been in your shoes .....and the part about burning a hole in your pocket is from experance ..............we all been there and its a good thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,very proud to see your clean and thinking right my little BROTHER! :thumbsup:
Arkansas is the Natural state!
Pick up your shells!
Ducks
Banned

I just had an idea

Postby Ducks » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:57 pm

Oh boy look out I have an idea,,,, I`ll send you to a cool web sight that has free shipping all you have to do is pay a local pawn shop or a gun dealer aw lets say no more than 15 bucks to send for these guns. heres the sight and do your dreamin a couple days before you buy,,,, its always good to have dreams about duck hunting a few days before you get a gun makes ya want it that much more .....hott dog sure is good to know there are younger men out there into the sport and not drugs ! :getdown: http://www.ableammo.com/mall/guns_shotgun_main.asp
I do want you to look at a nova ,,, just look and read all ya can about all these guns bro I am sure these other good people can help too thats my input !God Bless and pick up your shells :smile:
Pick up your shells!
Ducks
Banned

Postby crzyltllb55 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:18 pm

thanks dude, im gonna be hunting in pull in blinds or in flooded timber around muddy swamps.what gun would you recommend as far as an autoloader.
crzyltllb55
Newb

Here is what I would choose

Postby Ducks » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:25 pm

You have this amount of money you was speaking of ,.,., I would say bank it and get a good gun for the money ,,,,, you keep in mind your hunting with this gun ,, Stoger model 2000 synthetic camo .\
I`ll give ya the page and its up to you to find a better price ,, you work hard for your money ,,,,http://www.ableammo.com/mall/guns_shotgun_stoeger_model2000.asp
get the 28 inch and as you can see all the extra chokes that come with it :eek: ...........now you have 400 to bank ,,keep in mind money in the bank earns intrest !
Keep in mind research is a wonderfull thing and your choice I respect !
Pick up your shells!
Ducks
Banned

Postby donell67 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:22 pm

if i had a choice of which gun to buy i would probly buy the superx2. i also think i would save 200 more bucks and buy a super black eagle or berreta extrema. most semi autos will jam. ive seen the 11-87, super black eagle, and berretta extrema jam in the field. while i keep blasting away with my nova. some guys never have a jam, but alot do.
donell67
Forum & State Moderator

Postby huntmq1 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:24 pm

If you want a new gun and can afford it great, but no need to retire the 870, completely retire it anyway. www.Gunbroker.com or Ebay has MANY replacement stocks, wood or otherwise. Cheap way to fix up that old gun and a way to get it out, safely, every now and again to use it.
:salude:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:30 pm

Forgot to say something about the type of gun I would recommend. :mrgreen:
I'm a Mossberg user, sorry guys, I own five now. I love my new 935 auto, great gun at a great price. Mossberg has a new one out now, the 535 auto. I've heard great things about it also. www.mossberg.com
:salude:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby tengoose1 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:49 pm

Well whatever gun you decide upon I would definetely recommend the patternmaster choke. I cant wait for my boys to get old enough to start totin, I'll have em shootin 10ga when they get 15 or so.
tengoose1
hunter

Postby plainsman » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:34 am

Next year I'll be packing a 935. Why ? Because these guns are proving themselves to be extremely reliable and at a very friendly price. The X2 is another very good gun, although a tad higher in price. The Mossy 930 may be worth looking into
http://www.mossberg.com/930%20a.loader.htm
HuntMQ1 mentioned the 535, which is the new pump they introduced. Did I mention that the 935 is throwing the best patterns of any factory choke out there?
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby crzyltllb55 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:52 am

thanks for the website ducks.it has kind of changed my mind.i think im going to get the super x2 and buy my dad that new franchi I-12 for his birthday.does anybody know anything about these guns?i appreciate any opinions or advice about them.
crzyltllb55
Newb

Postby Swamp Puppy » Mon Mar 28, 2005 1:04 pm

if you are dead set on the 3 you listed i would have to say the X2.

however, a couple of good points were brought up in here about the stoeger 2000 and the Benelli SBE. if you want an auto, there probably isn't a better duck gun than the SBE. they just keep shooting long after other guys would be sitting in the boat cleaning their actions out.

now, get a NOVA and you'll be shooting all day long. right Donell?

;)

-Ed
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

hey

Postby Ducks » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:18 pm

if I was going to take my gun out in the boat ,swamp and woods and knew in the back of my mind that the butt stock might get wet or anything like that I would choose a Nova! They shoot them all and if you don`t mind a pump in my mind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"They Are The BEST"
300 bucks and you can buy a nicer one to impress your friends with :cool: But once you shoot the Nova you will impress your friends with it instead of a auto,,, do I hear ya asking me why ,.,,,,,wait tell you get a drop of water on the action and its -20 running down the river in your boat :thumbsdown: Wait tell you drop a few shells and in a hurry to pick them up and shoot cause ducks are flyin and sand is in your action ;) I would have to say once again a Nova is "much" like a glock!
Pick up your shells!
Ducks
Banned

Return to Shotgun Forum