SBE II

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

SBE II

Postby Gooseboy » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:52 pm

for a long time ive wanted a SBE II does anyone have anything to say about them, good or bad.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby mallardhunter » Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:02 pm

Sounds like shotgun forum material :hammering:
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby tru-Bowstring » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:21 pm

got one last year. the best shotgun I ever used. shot a coulpe thousand rounds through it with out any problems what so ever. a great gun
tru-Bowstring
Newb

Postby huntmq1 » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:35 am

Look further through this part of the site, shotgun forum, you'll only find about a thousand replies about the Benellis.
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby plainsman » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:50 am

My Grandmother always told me " If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". So, as far as the SBE goes, I'll just shut up. I'd rather have an X2,935 or MP153. But I guess my A5 mag will have to do for now :toofunny:
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby BLKLABMAN » Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:02 pm

Look under my username. I have 2 SBE II's. I hunted with them in several states and Canada this last year. I have posted my feelings about the shotguns several times.
To sum it up, they are worth every penny.
Some advice.
Your going to get various responses. If you find someone dishin Benellli, I have found they fall under one of two two categorys. The same as those who dont like Krieghoffs, Merkels, Piotti's or any Quality gun. They either dont wont to spend the money, or cannot afford it. 99% will fall under the second category Eirther way(pro or con) I would blow off the internet BS, and listen to the people who actually own and use the shotgun.
BLKLABMAN
hunter

Postby plainsman » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:05 am

BLKLABMAN wrote: If you find someone dishin Benellli, I have found they fall under one of two two categorys. The same as those who dont like Krieghoffs, Merkels, Piotti's or any Quality gun. They either dont wont to spend the money, or cannot afford it. 99% will fall under the second category Eirther way(pro or con) I would blow off the internet BS, and listen to the people who actually own and use the shotgun.

So....If I don't like benelli I don't like quality guns???? :toofunny: I don't need a price tag like that to impress the birds. Can I buy one??? Sure...I work in the oilfields....price isn't a problem. Can I AFFORD the breakdowns, poor customer service and the infamous click? No I can't....a quality gun means more than the size of the price tag.With the reliability and performance of the Baikal MP153, the 935 and other reasonable priced guns, Benelli had better start re-thinking their gameplan.It's time they realized price doesn't equal quality.If you want to overspend, buy the SBE....if you want a reliable waterfowl gun that won't drain your wallet look elsewhere.
plainsman
hunter

Postby BLKLABMAN » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:50 am

plainsman wrote:
BLKLABMAN wrote: If you find someone dishin Benellli, I have found they fall under one of two two categorys. The same as those who dont like Krieghoffs, Merkels, Piotti's or any Quality gun. They either dont wont to spend the money, or cannot afford it. 99% will fall under the second category Eirther way(pro or con) I would blow off the internet BS, and listen to the people who actually own and use the shotgun.

So....If I don't like benelli I don't like quality guns???? :toofunny: I don't need a price tag like that to impress the birds. Can I buy one??? Sure...I work in the oilfields....price isn't a problem. Can I AFFORD the breakdowns, poor customer service and the infamous click? No I can't....a quality gun means more than the size of the price tag.With the reliability and performance of the Baikal MP153, the 935 and other reasonable priced guns, Benelli had better start re-thinking their gameplan.It's time they realized price doesn't equal quality.If you want to overspend, buy the SBE....if you want a reliable waterfowl gun that won't drain your wallet look elsewhere.

Price?? I did not know Benelli's were expensive. If anything they are lower mid level. If you want to see expensive look at Cosmi's, Piotti's, Garbi's etc, etc. Then again, there are many out there who find these shotguns WELL within their reach and budget.
99.9999% of a any jam or breakdown are because of the nut behind the stock. It is that plain and simple. Customer Service when needed for one of my wifes M1 20ga's was Outstanding. Benelli called and sent e-mail 's updating us on progress. Communication and turnaround time was Excellent. They get a A++ rating. Never have had this so-called click problem. How can this be??? Perhaps those that do, should learn alittle more about the shotguns they own. There are 6 Benelli's in the safe. Two SBE II's two SuperSports, and two modified 20ga M1 that are my wifes. We have NEVER had these problems of which you speak. Fact is, ours have been nothing but Reliable.
So, I have a qustion for you.
Are these firsthand problems you have experienced, or just some more tired old internet he said/she said second/third/fourth hand BS???????????
Price does not always equal quality. On that, I agree. Then again, alot of times it does. Do you really think a 935 is on the same level, and can take the same punishment(Thousands of SC rounds or thousands of hunting rounds in Argentina) as say a 391 without folding?? Do you really think a Spartan is on the same level as a K-80, MX-2000 or Rizzinni??. I think not, on all accounts
Here is something that happened the other day at the club.
There was a new shooter who had a Spartan O/U. This person out of the blue, actually made the statement that his Spartan was on the same level as a Rizzinni TR25 another shooter owmed and was using. :laughing: I couldnt help it, I laughed in the guys face, as did others who heard his statement. The Spartan is a decent shotgun, but it not even in the same galaxy as that Rizzinni.
On anther forum recently, the admin had to get involved because of your language and personal attacks. You didnt too much care for it, that other's did not hold your views about Benelli.
To sum this up. From firsthand experience(actually owning and using the shotguns day after day- ie hunting, and the rest of the year Sporting Clays , FITASC and HELICE Tournaments), I find your claims if anything are ludicrous and without merit.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to get ready and leave for a FITASC Tournamnet that starts at 10am.
I sure do hope and pray my SS doesnt jam, Click, or tear up so that I am forced to use that bad Customer Service. :toofunny:
Crap. Internet "experts" and dillweed backyard breeders :thumbsdown: :eek: :thumbsdown:
BLKLABMAN
hunter

Postby plainsman » Sat Apr 02, 2005 7:04 pm

Are these firsthand problems you have experienced, or just some more tired old internet he said/she said second/third/fourth hand BS???????????
Price does not always equal quality. On that, I agree. Then again, alot of times it does. Do you really think a 935 is on the same level, and can take the same punishment(Thousands of SC rounds or thousands of hunting rounds in Argentina) as say a 391 without folding?? Do you really think a Spartan is on the same level as a K-80, MX-2000 or Rizzinni??. I think not, on all accounts

On anther forum recently, the admin had to get involved because of your language and personal attacks. You didnt too much care for it, that other's did not hold your views about Benelli.
quote]

Firsthand experience??? Not my gun, I don't, nor ever will own a Benelli. However a buddy of mine USED to own an SBE and had a pile of trouble with it. He now owns a X2 and thinks it's the cats arse.
Do I think the 935 will hold up as well as a 391? I've got no doubt about it !!! You can yak about the K-80 and Rizzinni's all you want, but how often will one go to the duck blind, salt marsh or stubble field??? I'm talking about practical HUNTING guns, not showpieces that are nothing more than bragging rights. It's not the guns that make the shots, it's the, as you call them,nuts behind the stock.
As far as your claim about trouble on another forum, I'd like you to refresh my memory, seeing as how I don't recall what your refering to. I keep my language civil on these sites and any so-called personal attack is made in self defense.There, I've said my 2 cents and will leave it at that. You and I have our differences, no doubt, and always will. So be it. Not everone can get along.
plainsman
hunter

Postby JWG » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:23 pm

common guys, don't stop
JWG
hunter

Postby had » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:53 pm

no, we really should put an end to the argument. all points well taken, lets move on. :thumbsup:
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby puddlerjumper » Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:54 am

I have an idea, how about when someone asks a question, you answer it and only it. Instead of highjacking the thread and getting in an argument, come on guys.
puddlerjumper
hunter

hey

Postby Ducks » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:26 pm

If you can afford a benelli, get ya one your worth it ,,, on the other hand man those things cost a whole alota money to be chunking in the boat and gettin all muddy .Look at the nova`s or perhaps a stoger, its all in what you can afford but they are good guns just a little high,, I`ll give you a good web sight you can do the math and if anyone can find a better deal shoot fire,,,,,,, hook a brother up ;) http://www.ableammo.com/mall/guns_shotg ... gle_ii.asp
Arkansas is the Natural state!
Pick up your shells!
Ducks
Banned

Postby huntmq1 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:51 pm

I can't afford a Benelli, and don't really want or need one. I'll put my Mossy 935 up to it anyday. The previous post about such kinda makes ya feel like a poor bast*** because you have a house payment, car payment, food for the family, etc.....I'm in the "can't afford it" category, anyone else got $1300 extra laying around to drop on a Benelli?
:cool:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby had » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:56 am

no
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum