Note to self

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Note to self

Postby DuckManClyde » Fri May 16, 2014 1:04 pm

Don't leave out any washers when putting back together a gun you painted. You may split it where it meets the reciever.

Another note. For some reason spray laqcuer bubbles spraypaint. Idk why but it did.

LSS -i owe my buddy a new stock and i have to repaint a jc higgins barrel.
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Re: Note to self

Postby TuJays » Fri May 16, 2014 9:55 pm

dammit man!
sometimes I wakeup and realize that it sucks to be me, seems you stole one of my days.....thanks :beer:
I have done so much for so long with so little, I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
TuJays
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Sat May 17, 2014 8:25 am

Haha no problem. Im still looking for a used set to pop up on the internet. I found that some ppl go tactical and just take the laminate crap off.
If offended, and or irritated with the above post, please refer to my caring face :hi:
DuckManClyde
hunter

Postby StevenL » Sat May 17, 2014 2:12 pm

DuckManClyde wrote:Don't leave out any washers when putting back together a gun you painted. You may split it where it meets the reciever.

Another note. For some reason spray laqcuer bubbles spraypaint. Idk why but it did.

LSS -i owe my buddy a new stock and i have to repaint a jc higgins barrel.

More than likely, the paint and lacquer used were incompatible because of the chemicals contained in each
StevenL
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Sat May 17, 2014 10:26 pm

Some of the rattle can paints I use on small parts for my tractors use can be a pain. I have to either apply the next coat while the last one is still tacky or I have to wait about a week to attempt another coat. If not, it crinkles and lifts.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby DuckManClyde » Sun May 18, 2014 9:41 am

I'm gonna try a couple real thin coats. So they dry fast instead of soaking in and reacting with my paint.
DuckManClyde
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum