New Gun... Custom Work Suggestions.

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Re: New Gun... Custom Work Suggestions.

Postby 3200 man » Mon May 19, 2014 8:32 pm

:lol3: :lol3: LMAO , I do appreciate you conceding the Vinci's looks , thinking you must be a talented shooter , to be able
and willing , to be seen with a gun that looks that way , even though your hiding abilities in the marsh are outstanding so
no one can see what you're shooting ? ( I don't blame You ) :lol3: :yes:

It sure is true , no matter what you shoot , if you can shoot it straight......you have the right ...ugly Gun .... :thumbsup:

you know the saying.........I wish I had a .......V 8 :lol: :fingerhead:
3200 man
hunter

Postby Steele22 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:37 am

Lol that's it. I don't get in the pit with my crew, I jump in the layout boat and hide in the rice stubble lol. It is funny cause everyone that's in on my lease has SBE 2s but me and they say the same thing about looks. It does fit me better though and has not jammed once to date. Knock on wood :beer:
Steele22
hunter

Postby Steele22 » Tue May 20, 2014 11:41 am

Well I can't lie to you, as bad as I hate to say it I have one buddy that just sold his sbe2 and bought the new a5. But I bet he doesn't make it thru the year without going back. Only time will tell lol
Steele22
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Tue May 20, 2014 11:57 am

Well , don't blame him for his common sense and need for something different that looks good but ,
take it as a fella in need of one that fits him better , overbored barrel , very smooth action and from what I've seen ,
is a Duck Killing machine with steel shot !........and ........when you try to be quiet releasing the bolt , it will fire !

Not hang-up a 1/4" from closing ! IN time , those toy looking , space-age guns will advance like a Browning ? :thumbsup:

I'm just jabbing Benelli's as any gun you shoot good , is the right , Best gun for you , non the less !
EXcept Looks :yes:
3200 man
hunter

Postby Steele22 » Tue May 20, 2014 1:20 pm

You do have a point on the hang ups, my dad who is now 66 has the worst time with that. He will not just let it shut, tries to ease it off and it happens to him often but we do have fun out of it. I've never once had any of mine do it but I release with the button and let her slam. I hope the new A5s do get the bugs out cause that's what I started hunting with in 1990. Would love to get another one but so far I've read to much bad and my experience with the gold hunter was crap lol. I do agree fussing over the best gun will never end, it's how you shoot it and the personal fit. Kinda like someone saying a ford is a good truck lol
Last edited by Steele22 on Tue May 20, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steele22
hunter

Postby Steele22 » Tue May 20, 2014 1:23 pm

How funny. I type this above then click on classifieds to look and bam another new A5 for sale or trade rather. Anyway another I unsatisfied owner :fingerpt:
Steele22
hunter

Postby Hogbutt » Wed May 21, 2014 7:23 pm

You will probably void any warranty if you have any issues. Beretta will not take responsibility if they deem the gun was altered. For that matter their service just plain sucks. If you shoot a few boxes a year you'll be fine. You should dip it in gold and engrave a portrait of your favorite retriever on the side. Good luck with that.
Hogbutt
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotgun Forum