Browning Gold Classic 20

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Browning Gold Classic 20

Postby Luvbowhuntn » Mon May 26, 2014 1:06 am

After deciding I'm going to hang up the Mag Stalker Auto 5 for a complete season and only use a 20ga Benelli M2, my wife has decided she's going with a 20ga. as well. I've got her a heckuva good one in a Browning Gold Classic FLD. I was hoping to find a synthetic set of stocks for it to get around dinging the good wood stocks that's on it. I'm having trouble finding any synthetic stocks for the 20ga Gold. Does anyone have a line on some? This gun is probably the lightest recoiling shotgun I've ever shot and would be perfect for her to duck hunt with, but she doesn't want to hurt the wood stocks. Am I out of luck? I guess if push comes to shove I could just dip the whole gun and not worry about cosmetics period.

sent leaning against a big oak in knee deep water
Real cowboys say the party never ends and the road goes on and on
Luvbowhuntn
hunter

Re: Browning Gold Classic 20

Postby mudpack » Tue May 27, 2014 6:48 am

Luvbowhuntn wrote: I was hoping to find a synthetic set of stocks for it to get around dinging the good wood stocks that's on it. I'm having trouble finding any synthetic stocks for the 20ga Gold. Does anyone have a line on some? This gun is probably the lightest recoiling shotgun I've ever shot and ...

Replace the wood with a lighter synthetic setup and it might not be as light on the recoil.....

Tell her to stop worrying about the stock and just worry about the ducks. The gun is a tool, not a piece of art. :thumbsup:
mudpack
hunter

Postby DoubleDutchChuck » Tue May 27, 2014 1:02 pm

mudpack wrote:
Luvbowhuntn wrote: I was hoping to find a synthetic set of stocks for it to get around dinging the good wood stocks that's on it. I'm having trouble finding any synthetic stocks for the 20ga Gold. Does anyone have a line on some? This gun is probably the lightest recoiling shotgun I've ever shot and ...

Replace the wood with a lighter synthetic setup and it might not be as light on the recoil.....

Tell her to stop worrying about the stock and just worry about the ducks. The gun is a tool, not a piece of art. :thumbsup:

What Mud said.... Sitting in a blind, those ducks could care less if you're using a camo'd gun.
"Listen to those Whispering Wings"
DoubleDutchChuck
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Tue May 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Plus , as all my guns are black or wood stocks and are easier to find if you go down in deep water ( Which I have ) :yes:
with them being more visible after the panic attack ! :lol3: :thumbsup:
3200 man
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum