1100 skeet B.

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

1100 skeet B.

Postby marsh water » Fri May 30, 2014 5:06 pm

Hi guys, I have a question I really need some help deciding. I have run across a Rem. 12 ga. skeet B. Great wood with a adjustable T stock and adjustable target butt pad. Wide trigger, target rib, ported with screw in chokes and double fiber optic target sights. I shoot some targets but dont belong to nssa or anything anymore so it would be a comp. gun several times a yr and a dove gun. Too heavy for me to carry all the time but I have some lite o/u's for that anyway. They want 550.00 for it. I havent bought any guns in several yrs. and checking on 1100's is pretty much what you see is what you get on the net. They range from 400 to 750 or 800. I checked this one out and it seems pretty tight, been shot some but not hurt any at all. Oring is ok but I can get them. The rest of the mechanics look and feel good. Like I said from reading these forums, most of you guys talk like you do way more buying and selling than I have lately, so your impressions and input would be very welcome. I havent checked the ser. no. to see what yr of manuf. but it has screw in chokes so cant be all that old.
marsh water
hunter

Re: 1100 skeet B.

Postby ohio mike » Fri May 30, 2014 10:49 pm

offer $500 and grab it even if you have to pay $550. :thumbsup:
Life is to short to hunt with a ugly gun.
ohio mike
hunter

Postby R. Chapman » Sat May 31, 2014 12:00 am

$550 is a solid price that neither parties can lose on. A lot of work has been done to that gun. The only thing I would check is to make sure the barrel is straight. Other than that, it's a fair, solid price.

Sent from the middle of nowhere.
Obummer's real name- Black Hussein Osama
R. Chapman
hunter

Postby BT Justice » Sat May 31, 2014 4:29 am

It's a fair price.
Just keep one thing in mind when your buying a gun that has been modified that much, if you ever go to sell it you might have a hard time finding a buyer. You have to find someone that wants those specific modifications on that type of shotgun.
I've seen lots of people buy custom guns thinking they could turn them for a profit and then finding out they can't get rid of them for one reason or another.
BT Justice
hunter

Postby z51 » Sat May 31, 2014 5:07 am

It's a fair price but I would try to get it for less. Sometimes those guns have been shot a lot and still look good.

Also keep in mind the gas ports are larger than a normal field barrel so no heavy loads.

If it has Rem Chokes they came out in 1986 so it's probably newer than that. They may not be Rem Chokes however, I would check on that.
z51
hunter

Postby marsh water » Sat May 31, 2014 6:40 am

thanks guys. I have looked up the extras like the stock and the barrel porting. They are all factory options. The ports are not round, they are slotted and angled. They T stock is optional but factory. The mid barrel fiber optic is not, but the ivory front is. It does have Rem chokes, I always take the choke tube out to check the threads. After markets are kind of sharp and back then flatter on the edges. Factory are round and smooth. I may be totally wrong but rhino tubes and Brileys were cut on the factory barrel so they werent as deep. This barrel has that slight bell. And one of the first thing I check is for pitting and a light for mirroring from being bent, inside and out. If its bent bad, the chrome mirrors a little bit of a shadow. When I shot a lot of skeet I shot a Smith and Wesson super skeet. Swelled palm, angled trigger and slotted ports and threaded cap for weights, extra wide rib and steel receiver, 25'' barrel. Great skeet gun but that was all. The end of the barrel was blown way out for the skeet choke. And omg it was loud. The bird boys wouldnt stand beside me much. Even with ear plugs, boy it was bad. I have always hated I traded that gun for a 20 o/u, but I think I will like this gun as well or better than the smith. I am really excited to have found it, and you guys have confirmed the ok price. Dallas gunrange here I come. I hope I dont come off as a know it all. I just do some research before I buy. thanks again. Ray
marsh water
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:41 am

marsh water wrote:I hope I dont come off as a know it all. I just do some research before I buy. thanks again. Ray

What did your research say the gun was worth?
mudpack
hunter

Postby 3200 man » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:46 am

If you have the money and are not taking food from your kids mouths , along with a idea , that you could use it ?

I believe in the Golden Rule when it comes to Guns......He who dies with the most Toys......Wins !

Have fun shooting it .....and remember to......blouse your pants in your boots when you go to the range ? :yes:
3200 man
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum