Benelli Nova Firing Issue

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Postby will1515 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:52 pm

I have a Benelli Nova and after shooting about 40 shells at the trap range I wasn't able to shoot. When pumping the gun I noticed that the trigger doesn't cycle it stays in the position after it's pulled. Any help would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
will1515
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:09 pm

Did you disassemble the gun to make sure something like the hammer didn't break?

When you cycle it the hammer is taller than the bolt. As it cycles it will start to fold it down the further back you pull. If it isn't making contact with the bolt it may be bent or broken. If it is making contact and just isn't staying in the cocked position you may have something jammed in the trigger mech.

Feet down, guns up, that's the way I light'em up!
Last edited by Nelliboy2 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Re: Benelli Nova Firing Issue

Postby greenmachine69 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:18 am

Don't break the trigger apart yet!!! I had the super nova and did the same thing. Mine had an absolutely horrid amount of gunk and build up. Take the trigger out of the receiver, blow it out with an air compressor (be careful go slow you don't want to blow the springs or anything else out) then mix up hot water and dawn detergent and let it soak, scrub
It with a brush, then blow it out again. Hope this helps
greenmachine69
hunter

Postby will1515 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:21 am

I did a quick clean on it and it works fine but I wouldn't mind stripping it down to clean it better. I don't know much about removing the trigger though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
will1515
hunter

Postby Nelliboy2 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:32 am

I didn't mean completely taking every component out of the trigger assembly. That is a very challenging task. I would recommend taking the safety off, put your thumb on the hammer with tension and then pulling the trigger. Do this a few times to insure that is it working properly.

If that works, I would then dry fire it a couple times once you reassemble the gun. If it works, you should be good to go!

Feet down, guns up, that's the way I light'em up!
If money talks; then I got a lot to say i'm on the grind trying to make a hundred thousand dollars a day! We play with big cash and we blowin money fast. I need a G for every light bulb on the Vegas strip!!!
Nelliboy2
hunter

Postby Major Woods » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:57 pm

Have fixed a couple with this issue..
The trigger has an internal elongated hole that trigger pivots on, the pin going thru this hole is either 1) rusted or 2) gunked up with debri and will not allow the tripper to freely slide in the slot allowing the trigger to reset.
The benelli schematic will show better what I'm trying to describe.
Thousands on the boat.
Hundreds on decoys.
Time away from the wife....priceless
Major Woods
hunter

Postby Rhock19 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:08 pm

i had the same thing on my old nova too, if you round the back square edge of the trigger it fixed mine. The nice thing about doing that was i could let the gun go a little longer without cleaning and not have problems.
Rhock19
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum