Questions on different guns....

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Questions on different guns....

Postby puddlerjumper » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:39 am

Here within the next month, I'm going to be getting a gun for my birthday and was wondering what you guys thought of these guns. I hunt everything there is to hunt in oklahoma, and am pretty much equipped gun wise. Now its just a gun that I would like to have, I need a gun to replace my 870 supermagnum as I am converting it to a full out turkey gun. 3 1/2 capabilities are not a must. The most I'll be able to spend will be 650 if even that. So far, I'm looking at the stoeger line of shotguns, I have heard good things about the 2000, what do you guys think of the condor, I held one in a store and it fit pretty good. Also, I was looking at the stoeger uplander supreme, which is their sxs. I need a gun with a single trigger. I've been hearing from a lot of people that stoegers quality is on the rise. I was also looking at the winchester super x 2 in a matte finish, I really like the feel of this gun especially with the dura-touch finish on the stock. I was going to buy the baikal mp153, but they are scarce around here. Some one reccomended a verona to me, a verona O/U actually. Anyone have any reccomendations, I know it's a question that covers a broad area, any help is appreciated.
puddlerjumper
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:23 pm

i've got a stoeger condor supreme 20ga with 28" barrels. i'll be shooting it for the first time this coming sunday on a sporting clays course.

i'll let ya know what i think about it then.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby duck hunter cam » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:01 pm

My uncle gots a stoeger and he likes it...ive shot it and it shoots nice :thumbsup:
It's only sky busting if u miss.
duck hunter cam
hunter

Postby easternshorehunter » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:53 pm

my friends dad has the base line condor that he got for 500 with 12 and 20 ga barrels. he says that he often reaches for that more than his extrema on goose hunts
easternshorehunter
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:54 pm

for that price a charles daly would be a good choice. They accept remington parts. My Wal-Mart has a 12 ga. 3" full synthetic for $300.
frazier2209
hunter

Postby had » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:13 pm

i like the idea of the SX2, but thats what i would buy. i have a sxs and i don't have an auto so for me it is an easy choice.
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby plainsman » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:25 pm

The X2 and MP153 are both good guns,can't go wrong with either of them. The Daly is not a good 12 guage, but their lighter guns seem to hold up O.K.
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum