Browning 725 field for waterfowl

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Browning 725 field for waterfowl

Postby sernv99 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:39 am

I bought a Browning 725 field, 28" barrels. I was planning to use it for upland hunting, especially for places where non-tox is mandatory. I was thinking to use it for waterfowl as well, limiting my shells to 1 1/4oz shot charge. I don't plan to shoot those supersonic speed demon shells like Remington Hypersonic. Has anyone shot the 725 field for waterfowl? If so, what was your experience. Thanks.
sernv99
hunter

Re: Browning 725 field for waterfowl

Postby huntswithmutts » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:09 pm

I used the same gun last season. There is no difference between using the 725 versus any other gun with walnut and blueing, exept for the third shot with a semiauto. I purchased waterfowl choke tubes from Carlson's and used various ammo. Most of the time I used 2 3/4 shells since I was hunting over decoys. Never had a problem with cripples.

I prefer over unders and didnt miss the third shot. The main disadvantage is trying to break open the barrel in field pit blinds. That can be awkward. Other than that, there is no disadvantage and it is a matter of preference.

If you like the gun and shoot well with it, use it. That being said, I wouldn't use it in saltwater. When I fly to the gulf coast I use my SX3.
huntswithmutts
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum