Am I being reasonable or..?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Am I being reasonable or..?

Postby hurtin_honkers » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:17 am

hey guys, hope to hear some positive reinforcement on this one! But I've posted a gun for sale on my facebook and actually gotten a surprising amount of people interested but it seems like everyone thinks I'm asking way too much. I have a rem 870 20g youth model, with replaced SF black synthetic stocks, that also comes with a rifled slug barrel, a mod choke, imp cyl, full, and h.s. strut undertake turkey choke, and a saddle mount with a red dot reflex sight. all in all i've personally spent around 400$ on the gun in the past year replacing the stocks, barrel, sight, etc. I've been asking 300 for it, which I personally think is more than reasonable with the extra slug barrel. anyone have any input? and dont be afraid to tell me im a moron
The worst thing about missing isn't the ridicule from your buddies, its the disappointed look of your dog
hurtin_honkers
hunter

Re: Am I being reasonable or..?

Postby z51 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:44 pm

I am assuming it is an Express. If it's a Wingmaster you are way to low.

Here is what I would do if it were mine. Sell the basic gun on facebook. Sell the extra barrel, the sight and mount,and the chokes that didn't come with the gun at auction on eBay.
You will come out way ahead that way and can target people that need a specific item. I think actually too low even if the basic gun is an Express.
z51
hunter

Postby CaptainWv » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:53 pm

Sounds like a fair deal to me
CaptainWv
hunter

Postby BurninPowder » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Prices vary upon location and condition but seems reasonable to me.
BurninPowder
hunter

Postby hurtin_honkers » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:10 pm

Okay thanks guy! And the gun is basically in mint condition, brand spanking new stocks, and very very minimal wear on the barrel and receiver
The worst thing about missing isn't the ridicule from your buddies, its the disappointed look of your dog
hurtin_honkers
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:13 pm

z51 wrote:I am assuming it is an Express. If it's a Wingmaster you are way to low.
Here is what I would do if it were mine. Sell the basic gun on facebook. Sell the extra barrel, the sight and mount,and the chokes that didn't come with the gun at auction on eBay.
You will come out way ahead that way and can target people that need a specific item.

What he said ^.
mudpack
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum