Winchester sx3

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Winchester sx3

Postby bensonh » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:22 pm

Hey guys.
so im looking into buying a new shotgun, i would be using it for duck hunting, trap, sporting clays, and anything else. and ive been looking into the sx3, can yall help me out and give me some information on it. such as how it shoots, problems youve had with it, just your personal review of it?

thanks!
ben
bensonh
Newb

Re: Winchester sx3

Postby garlicsalt » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:09 pm

hey ben, welcome. just type your title into the search bar above. 47 pages of info on the SX3. go nuts.
garlicsalt
hunter

Postby Seaark18 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:00 pm

I LOVE mine! It's a 3.5" MOBU model with a 28" barrel. Had it 3 or 4 years now. No jams, cycles perfect, points and fits great for me. I'd buy another without hesitation.
Seaark18
hunter

Postby mudpack » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:52 am

I like mine and do not regret purchasing it. I have about 1200 rounds through it.
mudpack
hunter

Postby NJDUCKER86 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:27 pm

awesome gun!!! i have a 28" 3.5 mossy oak duck blind model that has probably 3000 rounds through it, (i shoot a lot of clays in the off season) goes bang every time, fits great and just plain works, plus if you shop around you can find em under 1k.
NJDUCKER86
hunter

Postby d.winsor » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:14 pm

here is one http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/ ... mid=511148 Should fill all your requested specifications.

I have the SX3 NWTF 3 1/2" with a fastfire iii on it. When I want to hunt squirrels, rabbits, quail, dove, etc. I just slip in a modified choke tube and use 2 1/2 " shells, I am sure the universal hunter could handle a duck choke. A choke for trap. Etc.

I have had no trouble at all from mine, If you buy one when you clean it before shooting, be sure to remove the spring in the stock and clean it and Clean the tube you take it out of. Then lube it and reinstall it. I have heard of duck hunters after extended periods of hunting have had the spring rust and break, then the gun would not cycle right. That was just from not periodically removing and cleaning the spring like everything else.

I wouldn't get rid of mine for anything.
d.winsor
hunter

Postby arey60 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:46 pm

About half of the guys in our club shoot these and they swear by them.
arey60
hunter

Postby clampdaddy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:02 pm

I don't own one but I've shot one quite a bit. Great gun. If my benelli were to come up missing, end up at the bottom of a lake, or otherwise quit on me I'd probably replace it with a SX3.
clampdaddy
hunter

Postby cluckmeister » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:11 pm

clampdaddy wrote:I don't own one but I've shot one quite a bit. Great gun. If my benelli were to come up missing, end up at the bottom of a lake, or otherwise quit on me I'd probably replace it with a SX3.

So when is the B gun going swimming
If you're there for the limit, you're there for the wrong reason
cluckmeister
hunter

Postby cannon » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:35 am

They're good. Check the fit before you jump in there, though. For trap shooters that are acclimated to raised combs and low profile receivers, they're a dream. For me, it takes a little more contact between my face and the stock than I like, and I strongly prefer the profile of the super x2 over he x3. Browning silver is the same gun, and it has a raised receiver and a bit more weight than the sx3. Between the SX2, SX3, and silver, you're dealing with the same guts (and by "same" I mean interchangeable), but a different feel to the gun. I'd check em all and find what fits best.
Smell that? Smells like sumthin died in here.
cannon
hunter

Location: At the stop sign in the ditch at Byers Farm, unlocking the gate.

Postby duckspeaker1 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:26 pm

Mine and my gfs are perfect. Ive had mine for 3 years and its been in the mud, poured water out of the barrel, has had easily over 5000rds through it. Hers has had about 1000rds. Its a great duck and goose gun. I put a high viz turkey sight on the spine and played around with the SEVERAL diff shims that came with our guns to adjust the stock into a comfortable position for me. Ive had one jam. The day I bought it I didnt clean it first. Took it right to the range and shot a low brass rd. Jammed immediately lol. I was unfamiliar with semi autos at the time. I highly recommend it to anyone. Hell I tried getting my mom to buy one...... I love it.
duckspeaker1
hunter

Postby WIgunner30 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:19 pm

Ordered my sx3 when they came out. Put a hi viz sight on it. Recommend it is the understatement of the yr. buy one it will be the best shooting waterfowl gun you will own.
WIgunner30
hunter

Postby Outdoorguy26 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:10 pm

I bought my sx3 before last season and absolutely love it.. As stated by many above.. Dragged mine up and down the river.. Thrown somewhat carelessly in the boat and in my truck.. Pretty much treated like most duck guns and it's great!
Outdoorguy26
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum