SXP

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

SXP

Postby Tgunz64 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:52 am

So guys should I pick up a new SXP waterfowl for $375? Even though I already own 5 12ga shotguns? I know it's a pretty good price.
Tgunz64
hunter

Re: SXP

Postby mudpack » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:21 am

Do not buy ANYTHING just because it's available for a good price. If you were in the market for an SXP before you found this one, then by all means get it.

But buying something simply because it's cheap is wasting money.
mudpack
hunter

Postby MNPheasant » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:24 pm

I agree with mud pack, although if it is the 3.5" waterfowl it is $50 off from the gun stores around here so that would be a good deal considering a sxp 3.5" waterfowl blades camo with 28" barrel is $425 while the sxp 3" waterfowl blades camo 26" barrel was $400. so you would still be getting a $25 discount. Another thing I should ask you is, do you have a waterfowl based shotgun yet? if not I THINK it would be a good investment as an all around beater that you wont start crying when you get it all muddy. Also it is smart of you to get the camo version because then it has more protection against rust and no nice bluing or wood to get scratched up. GOOD LUCK!
Winchester SX3 3.5" 28" 12ga MOSGB
Benelli Montefeltro 26" 12ga
Remington 700 sps Varmint .223 Rem
Remington 597 .22lr
Marlin Model 80 .22lr
Izhmash Mosin Nagant 1942 7.62x54r
J Stevens .22lr Single Shot Pistol

SHOOT EM' UP!
MNPheasant
hunter

Postby Tgunz64 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:17 pm

It is the 3.5" version and camo. I am not in the market for a duck gun as I already own an 870 super mag, beretta 391 Urika 3", 391 extrema 2, Winchester 1300 pump, and a super Vinci in max 4. So no I don't need a duck gun. Just considering picking it up cause it's a good price and I do prefer Winchester pumps over an 870. I also have a Winchester 120 youth pump that's been a great gun.
Tgunz64
hunter

Postby MNPheasant » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:27 pm

Well in that case if your 870 is your main gun and if you prefer Winchester over Remington I would hop on the deal as then it would be your primary gun but... I know this isn't true with you having two semi auto duck guns it would likely be your third line of defense if the guns go down. If you were to hunt in some pretty crappy conditions like in Canada or even MN,ND, north SD, WI, etc. your northern duck states you may want to use your Vinci over the Urika just because of the fact that it could freeze which is very rare but can happen and have you sxp as your backup or even use it as your primary just so then you know its not gunna F up on you. in my opinion back to the pumps the sxp is the nicest shot gun in the price range it is. I would say in the $400 or so price range it would go Winchester SXP,Benelli Nova, Weatherby P08, Mossberg 500 835 535, Remington 870. The best pumps on the market right now are the Browning BPS and Ithica m37 Which I would take the Ithica over the browning. Now back to your thinking about getting the SXP waterfowl 3.5" I THINK it is a great price considering it is $50 off from my local gun store and it is a very versatile gun because of the light weight meaning you could use it for literally anything be that dove, goose, duck, pheasant, coyote, clays, deer, hogs, The list goes on. The other nice thing about the gun is that you can buy a slug barrel for it if you live in a slug only district or state and if you want to hunt deer you can get a slug barrel for a lot cheaper than your Urika if they even make one... But, the slug barrel will cost more most likely than if you were to get a slug barrel for your 870. Honestly though it is up to you. For me I would hop on it like once again it is $50 off not much but can help. Good luck. Also the sxp SHOULD pattern better than your existing guns especially with big loads such as #3,#2,#1,B,BB,BBB,F,T. Or with heavy Turkey loads.
Winchester SX3 3.5" 28" 12ga MOSGB
Benelli Montefeltro 26" 12ga
Remington 700 sps Varmint .223 Rem
Remington 597 .22lr
Marlin Model 80 .22lr
Izhmash Mosin Nagant 1942 7.62x54r
J Stevens .22lr Single Shot Pistol

SHOOT EM' UP!
MNPheasant
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum