Win. X2 or Mossy 935

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Win. X2 or Mossy 935

Postby plainsman » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:51 pm

I'll soon be buying a new gun for next season since my wife is taking over my A5 mag. It's down to the X2 and the 935. Price don't matter. Performance does. Both guns have been proving to be very reliable. The 935 is being toted by many as being the best patterning shotgun around because of the overbored barrel, but the X2 is also overbored. I'll be using an adjustable choke anyway, not the factory ones. How do they compare in fit?? I'm 5'6 and 170lb. Any clue which would fit me better? I'd like to swing 'em both but the local dealers don't have any of either model in stock Has anyone tried both of them? Does one really have a big advantage over the other?? I do like Mossy's 10 yr. warrenty, thats a plus, as are the shims that come with it. Any opinions or advise that can make this an easier choice?? I'm only interested in these 2 models, no others
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby Quackers » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:32 am

Well I think the consensus of this thread will lean you to the x2 and if price isnt a concideration I'd prolly go with the X2. Personally price was a consideration and it was the 935 for me. Dont get me wrong I'm not a Mossy basher. And so far this gun has done a beautiful job keeping me right up with the x2's and the Italian guns. In both reliability and performance. For 3-400$ less :thumbsup:
Quackers
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:21 am

Mossy all the way man. The Mossy CAN be adjusted to fit your lack of reach or over reach, depending on where you fall. Never had any problems with it, or the other four I own. Plus, you said it, 10 years of warranty. I carry one for play and one for work, in either department Mossy never let me down.
:salude:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby vacuum6 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:26 am

i am shooting the super X2 mostly because of the fit/sight picture. this gun has a ramped up rib which is wider than any of the other guns i lifted to my face. i do not know if this gun has available shims or not. it fits me as well as any shotgun i have ever owned. i would be reluctant to order any shotgun without being able to lift it first. i certainly would have no negative comments regarding the mossberg. i have never lifted that gun and do not have any knowledge of it...but the 10 year warranty is certainly worthy of a good look.
vacuum6
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:47 pm

I agree with the above last post. You should really shoulder both guns. It was really never an issue with me as to what I wanted and was going to get. But I can tell you that no one around here had the Winchester to take a look at. It's hard to get a shop owner to order one so that you can "look at it". I was at one time, in a weak moment, really showing the Winchester some interest. I've got a Win .20 gauge that rarely gets used, but it's a very nice gun that's been reliable.
:salude:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:24 pm

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby Quackers » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:08 am

see :toofunny:
Quackers
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum