Which gun do you recommend ?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Postby ltglock » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:34 pm

I like my Remington 870 SPS Super Mag Camo !!!

:yes:
ltglock
hunter

nova

Postby Stanwood » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:21 pm

I like the Benelli Nova. Feels real good and it also takes 3 1/2 inch shells.

Stanwood
Stanwood
hunter

Postby Rookie » Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:56 am

I do think I will be leaning towards the Browning BPS or the Remington 870. Before I buy, I will try to get my brother (hunted for over 10 years now) to visit the store with me. He has a Remington 11-87 and likes it, but said something about a problem with O-rings. Is this on the new ones or the old ones ?

All this input is GREAT ! I appreciate it all.
Rookie
hunter

Postby Rookie » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:59 pm

Last weekend I was at the local gun store and they had a Browning Gold Shadowgrass on sale for about 35%-40% off. It looks and feels like a nice gun and is in the upper end of my budget. Does anyone have any opinions (good or bad) about this semi-auto gun ? Is the cleaning hard to do or any inherent problems that people have seen or heard about ?
Rookie
hunter

Postby Trigger81 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:15 pm

Try a stoeger model 2000..
Trigger81
Trigger81
hunter

Postby the_duckinator » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:21 pm

Browning Golds are very nice guns, never shot 'em, just held them in the gun store dreaming about killing ducks lol. Many people like them though.
49% of us didn't vote for him.

Sorry World (we tried)--half of America

3 nations under Bush's God.
the_duckinator
hunter

Postby goldhunter470 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:05 pm

Just look to the left. Bought my Goldhunter used and had a lot of problems. Got the manual off the Browning website, completely disassembled it, cleaned it (with steel wool on some parts!) and it works like new. Very happy with this gun.
Input that enables becomes thoughts that smother.
goldhunter470
hunter

Postby Kiwi » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:13 pm

I bought a browning gold fusion 6mths ago and love it ,5 friends of mine all shoot the browning golds and have had no problems.
My son 15 yr saved his money from a paper run and bought himself a win super X 2 ,which has the Browning gas and choke system , he too is thrilled with it .

At the end of the day it's the main tool for your slaying and has to fit !!!!!
I always pattern my shells before the season to work out what choke and shell works best . Rem fast steel 11/8 1550 ft/s with IM choke has worked fine for us over decoys . Steel has now become compulsory in New Zealand and its all a learning curve and these sites have helped a lot !!!

Happy buying !!!!! :thumbsup:

Cheers kiwi
Kiwi
hunter

Postby kducky1 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:56 am

I didn't say it but I too will defend it. I have an 870 and religiously shot it for 18 years. you might say we have history. I too became unfaithful and tried a Nova. That was it I was sold. The optics are better the action smoother. The features are just so much better. Its now my choice of guns when I go out. :cool:
I've been trained in the fine art of duck warfare.
kducky1
Newb

Postby Gooseboy » Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:01 pm

hands down the 870, hell u could use that gun for a lifetime and not clean it and it would work fine.
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

11-87??

Postby ruger0771 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:24 am

I may be going to say what someone else has already said but this is my opinion-- I bought an 11-87 3" about 2 years ago -- it shot good for about two months and then it started jamming.It would shoot one shell and then it wouldn't eject it -- I've talked to tons of people about the problem and I've taken it to two gunsmiths -- they have both told me that there is nothing wrong with the gun -- so I switched ammo -- that didn't help -- I wouldn't buy an 11-87, just because the problems I have had with mine -- I got fed up and went and bought a Beretta A391 Extema 3.5 -- I haven't had a problem out of the gun and I've shot a ton out of it -- I guess it's each to their own on choosing the right gun -- as long as it slings the steel consistantly, your gonna kill the ducks :thumbsup:
ruger0771
Newb

Previous

Return to Shotgun Forum