Sights

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Sights

Postby HonkShooter » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:36 pm

Was wondering if anyone uses the like fiber optic neon colored sights on their guns. If so, do you like them? Is it worth it to try them? Pros/cons? Any info would be great. Thanks

Joe
No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often.
-Teddy Roosevelt
HonkShooter
hunter

Postby duck hunter cam » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:47 pm

Nope never tried one of those before my friends have em and they seem to work just fine.
It's only sky busting if u miss.
duck hunter cam
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:56 pm

I like em...expecially in the low light conditions...Makes a difference :thumbsup:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Hey

Postby MallardKiller » Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:18 pm

Hey i have fiber optics for my shotgun and they are awesome you can buy magnetic ones that just attach to the rib and they work awesome there like $14 and they are sweet specially in low light
Daniel
Call'em, Whack'em And Stack'em
MallardKiller
hunter

Postby had » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:52 am

the front site on my nova is a nice fat red fiber optic bead, i love it.
This site is about having some fun, learning, helping others, and enjoying the commaradre' of other waterfowl hunters. And if you do not like those 4 things, then do not let the door hit you on the way out of here.
had
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:29 am

There are the pros for you Honk Shooter. I've never shot with them for any number of shots. Just shot a buddies gun a couple of times with it on there. The one bad thing I have heard about them is that you start aiming to much with them. Wingshooting is not like shooting a rifle at a stationary target where you have lots of time to actually aim. You want to pull the gun up, look down the barrell, and shoot.

This is just something I have heard, but can't say one way or the other for sure.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:16 am

:withstupid:

i don't like mid-point beads for the same reason.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby tengoose1 » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:28 am

I agree gsp. I have tried the fiber sights and you start aiming to much with them. I never focus on the sight always on the bird and the rest comes naturally. If your head is down on the gun then where ever you look you shoot. I have shot birds in uh um uh the very fringe of legal shooting hours and if you can see the bird then you can kill him without the use of fiber sights (if he is close enough) but it is mainly personal preference use what YOU like best. I think a lot of it is hype if Tom Knap just used a bead sight he wouldnt have any special sight to sell you.
tengoose1
hunter

Postby HonkShooter » Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:29 pm

Thanks for the info guys

Joe
No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often.
-Teddy Roosevelt
HonkShooter
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum