Remington SP-10 Magnum

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Remington SP-10 Magnum

Postby WayneK2 » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:41 pm

Hi everyone! This is my 1st post. I'm having trouble with my SP-10, not kicking out the empty shells. I've had the gun about 5 years, and have never had this problem before. I always keep the gun clean. I did get it soaked on my last duck hunt of the year last fall, but left it uncased barrel down for about 3 days drying it out. The tube that runs the length of the stock did rust, but I took everything apart, cleaned it very carefully, oiled it, but it's still giving me problems. Does anyone have any suggestions. Turkey season is right around the corner.

Thanks alot!
WayneK2
Newb

Postby Ducksbeus » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:00 pm

Sometimes too much oil can give ya problems...bout the only thing I can think of.... :thumbsup:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby hamernhonkers » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:31 am

waynek2

Try taking it apart and flushing out where the rod travels into the but stock. Its very possible you have rust (but more likley) built up powder in there. Take the but section and the receiver outside and get a bottle of wd40 and flush it out. After flushing with the wd use the hose and flush out the wd. Take a hair dryer and a good cloth and dry it. Then use silicon spray to lube it and the rest of the parts. The best way to keep a semi from getting sticky is to not use oil! Oils tend to get sticky when cold and allow build up of particals, dust, and unburned powder causing the actions to not function properly. The silicon spray is a dry lube which helps reduce build up of debris. When every you use oil or any kind of lube go light with it the less the better on guns.
hamernhonkers
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum