Benelli Nova trigger ( again )

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Benelli Nova trigger ( again )

Postby fabio morganti » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:01 pm

My first Nova 12 ga. has an barely acceptable trigger pull , my second 20 ga. Nova is worst ( if possible ), has anyone ( gunsmith or personally ) worked on these actions ?
fabio morganti
hunter

Postby duck hunter cam » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:32 pm

Nope sorry.
It's only sky busting if u miss.
duck hunter cam
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:58 pm

Fabio,
Too light or too heavy of a trigger pull?
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby fabio morganti » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:11 am

Pete-pec wrote:Fabio,
Too light or too heavy of a trigger pull?

TOO heavy...
fabio morganti
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:22 am

I agree with you. I'm not slamming Benelli, but I shot my buddies Nova and said it felt heavy. Maybe we're just used to those hair triggers. :smile: I don't think it would be too difficult for a gunsmith to fix. I had an old .22 that had a hard trigger, and I took it to work and machined a bit of it away. Now I can shoot three round bursts! Just kidding, but I really did take it down a bit too far, because I've actually discharged it accidentally just by sliding my finger into the trigger guard. So I would say have it done professionally. You should post this thread in the shotgun portion of this forum, and you'll probably get more feedback. How's the gunning in Brazil? Some day I'd love to make a trip down there. To be able to shoot lead again and those limits of ducks and the dove shooting. Are you originally from Brazil? I heard the locals make up a very small percentage of the hunters.
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby fabio morganti » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:09 am

Pete-pec wrote:I agree with you. I'm not slamming Benelli, but I shot my buddies Nova and said it felt heavy. Maybe we're just used to those hair triggers. :smile: I don't think it would be too difficult for a gunsmith to fix. I had an old .22 that had a hard trigger, and I took it to work and machined a bit of it away. Now I can shoot three round bursts! Just kidding, but I really did take it down a bit too far, because I've actually discharged it accidentally just by sliding my finger into the trigger guard. So I would say have it done professionally. You should post this thread in the shotgun portion of this forum, and you'll probably get more feedback. How's the gunning in Brazil? Some day I'd love to make a trip down there. To be able to shoot lead again and those limits of ducks and the dove shooting. Are you originally from Brazil? I heard the locals make up a very small percentage of the hunters.

thanks for the advise , if you want more info about the hunting situatiopn down here , you can pm or email
fabio morganti
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:38 am

Fabio post it up here. I know I would like to hear about the hunting down there. I hear you about those Nova triggers too. My buddies is really heavy for me, but he says he just had to get used to it.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:31 pm

With all the complaints that I have read on the heavy trigger pulls on the Benelli Novas have any of you guys written or called the company about the problem? and if so what was their advice? Have they done anything to change this problem? If not why? And if not then why do you guys keep buying their guns? Just to complain that your finger is weak or their trigger pulls are too heavy? Buy a gun that suits you not one that all you can do is pick it apart because of this thing or that. Don't you guys try the gun out before laying out the cash even just to fire it with the snap caps in it? Would you buy shoes or a car without trying them out? Stop whinning about your choice and go hunting.
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Learn from the past, don't dwell on it.
Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:46 pm

ha greg...lol.

personally i never could understand the "hard trigger pull" on a shotgun...maybe on a precision rifle or handgun where an extra .5 or 1 lb of pull might be enough to pull you off target at 200 yards.

but on a scattergun at 90 feet??? c'mon. jeezus..by the time you put on a big pair of 8mm neoprene gloves and your fingers are still numb from the freezing temperatures, how the heck can you tell a 2lb +/- trigger pull difference???
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:34 am

Swampy, you and I don't always agree but when we do its unanmous. :toofunny:
Build memories, take a kid out doors and teach them about nature by interacting with it, hunting and fishing.

Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:54 am

Greg,
I'm not whining, and I don't own a Benelli. As far as trigger pull being too heavy, I just said it was heavier than my Beretta. So go scare off a new potential visitor of DHC! Not many foreigners on here like yourself. We didn't chase you away! :toofunny: I don't think he is whining too bad, because he bought a second Benelli. The state that he comes from in Brazil there isn't many guns to choose from. Their government is in the process of shutting down the sales of firearms completely, and has already made hunting illegal. Fortunately for Fabio there is still one state in Brazil where hunting is still legal. I personally like a light trigger pull, that way I have an excuse in the blind when I miss. Hey my gun went off because I was breathing too heavy! :thumbsup: No harm here, Pete
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gsphunter » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:53 am

Not complaining either. I haven't bought one because I like my 870. Just adding that I have shot them (before buying one) and I didn't like how heavy the pull was.

Swampy I'm telling you the Nova I shot, the trigger was heavy enough to pull me off target. I had been shooting my 870 and then picked that gun up. WOW huge difference. I only took a couple shots with it, so I'm sure I could get used to it, but it was heavy.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:32 am

you know, it seems there are a few things that people like to bring up on occasion in just about every forum you care to visit. usually to put a product in a bad light.

paint coming off decoys (not naming brand names :thumbsup: )
products built outside the USA
and trigger pull on benellis.

if you are going to hand out criticism, even disguised as a question, you shouldn't be surprised when supporters of the product come back with a "reply".
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby Greg Wile » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:28 pm

I only pointed out that if you liked the Novas well enough to buy them then you should be happy with your choice not always cryin the blues cause you cann't pull the trigger or is it that you use this as an excuse for missing? That would be the same as buying a pair of hunting boots cause they looked good on you and the whinning because they hurt your feet. As I asked before did any of you ask the manufacturer about the heavy pull? If you did what was their suggestion? Where did I try to as you suggest chase people off the site? Like I said before If you didn't care for the heavy pull on the Nova why didn't you buy something with a lighter pull? You don't seem too big on answers. Give the company reps a call they may have answers for you. :thumbsup:

Greg Wile
hunter

Postby Pete-pec » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:53 pm

I was just funning a little bit, and I don't personally own a Benelli, so I don't care what the manufacturer has to say about it. Your friend Pete :salude:
Pete-pec
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Shotgun Forum