Duck Hunting Forum banner

Benelli Nova firing pin

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Swamp Puppy 
#1 ·
I would like to have a spare firing pin for my 20 GA. Nova down here in S.A , checked with Brownells & others .
No luck , maybe I don´t need it because it does not break.

#2 ·
Check with Benellis web sight. They also have a forum on thier web page. You could probably order one straight from them. Ive never heard of a firing pin breaking or bending. Y'all have a nice day!

:salude: :salude: :salude:

#3 ·
:withstupid:

i would imagine you can order just about any part you need direct from benelli. if not, most well established gunsmiths will be able to order one for you. you may want to check with benelli before you go ripping into your gun however, i do believe that they recommend you do not disassemble the firing pin assembly. doing so may void any warranty you have on your gun.

-Ed

#4 ·
Just a note on Nova firing pins...My Nova gave me a mis fire problem after an in depth cleaning. Seems I over lubed the firing pin, or, the trigger mech. I waded to a dry spot and took it down right there...I wiped the trigger mech and fire pin assy back down real good, and, back ta killin I went. Havnt had a problem since, but, did learn a lesson. I had done the same thing to my Beretta one time when I was a kid...Easy on the lube :thumbsup: Y'all have a nice day! :cool:

#5 ·
Ducks - Those 2 components are easily removed and will not void any warranty. (in fact, it is recommended that they be removed and cleaned in the owners manual) did you further disassemble the firing pin assembly itself once it was removed from the gun?

maybe i am confused...are we talking about the pin itself or the whole slide / firing pin assembly piece that comes out when you take the gun down for cleaning?

#6 ·
When ya get the whole slide thingy out, there is a small black pin that holds tension on the spring, and, locks the fire pin in place. Super easy to take apart...just be sure to have hold, or the spring will shoot out. I would recommend taking the spring and pin out atleast at the end of the season, to wipe it off and apply a VERY SMALL layer of lube. I take mine down if ive been hunting in the rain or mud. The trigger mech is all one little unit. Just remember, easy on the lube :thumbsup: Y'all have a nice day! :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.