question about my new nova

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

question about my new nova

Postby roscoesbuddy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:32 pm

Hey guys I recently bought a new nova and love the way it shoots, but I got a few questions. First off I’ve heard some guys talk about the recoil reducer for the nova. I was wondering were I could find one and about what price did you pay for it. Second when I load my nova I put one in the chamber and pump it closed then load the other two in the bottom slide but that slide stays down. Is it's suppose to stay down because I’ve own other guns were after loading that slide flips back into place. By slide I mean the thing at the bottom of the action that you slide the shells in. I guess you could call it a guard. sorry this isn't a real good explanation. Any help would be great thanks
"a day can change in one wingbeat"
roscoesbuddy
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:43 pm

Check e-bay for the mercury recoil reducer....around $70. Be sure you get the bracket as well. They also have thicker butt pads available. Your slider will go back into place if ya slide your pump about half way open, to where you can see the shell in the chamber, then close it again. That confused me as well... Check out their website...might get a recoil reducer staight from them, but, ive seen em on e-bay without the bracket included. :thumbsup: Y'all have a nice day!

:hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:16 pm

my "guard" does the same thing. though as soon as i release the pump and start to slide it back it releases and snaps back into place.

with 40+ days of hunting this past season and well over 3 cases of shells through it..i never had it cause a problem. just a nuisance.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Postby roscoesbuddy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:49 pm

thanks guys, yea it's no problem shooting it was just a pain. i thought they would have designed to be smoother, but thanks for the info.
"a day can change in one wingbeat"
roscoesbuddy
hunter

Postby Swamp Puppy » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:52 pm

i hear ya...it is just "one of those things" that will probably bug me for as long as i own the gun.
Friends Don't Let Friends Shoot Mossbergs.
Swamp Puppy
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum