3.5 Inch Auto Beretta?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

3.5 Inch Auto Beretta?

Postby Curly » Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:58 pm

:?: I'm looking to buy a 3.5 inch shotgun. I'm going to get a Bennilli SBE or the Beretta Ulitma Extrema any have any experiance with the Berretta 3.5, I have Shot the Bennelli and like it.
Curly

Postby Hairless » Fri Sep 05, 2003 2:27 pm

Go with the Benelli, better reputation and great service if crap happens.
Hairless

beretta 3.5

Postby Leadhead » Mon Sep 08, 2003 12:43 pm

watch out for the beretta 3.5. have heard many negatives about this gun. it does not stand up to the beretta reputation. benelli, or any of the others (except mosberg) are fine. even the new russian 3.5's are very nice and at about 300.00 you can't beat them.

i am not a believer in the 3.5. if your shooting over decoys even a 3 is too much most of the time. i shoot 2 3/4 6's for teal, and the 3 inch 6's during regular season. if you have not tried the 3 inch 6's you are missing out. i know, i know, the old rule of dropping down two sizes when steel first came in no longer applies. with modern steel traveling at 1500 fps, the 6's will drop them out to 30 yards if you want to shoot that far. no follow up shots needed either.

do a test. shoot a few with the big shot, then shoot a few with the 6's. count the number of pellet holes in each bird. the 6's with have three times the holes, therefore no cripples. try it. then you will believe it.
Leadhead

3.5 BERETTA

Postby SKYBUSTER » Tue Sep 09, 2003 1:31 pm

[quote]THE BENELLI SHOOTS A HAIR FASTER THAN THE BERETTA. HOW EVER THE BERETTA IS ABOUT 3 TO 400$ CHEAPER THAN THE BENELLI.
ALSO IVE SHOT GEESE WITH FEDERAL 3.5 #4 STEEL TO ABOUT 35 TO 40 YARDS AND KILLED GEESE. FOR DUCKS I SHOOT 20 GAUGE 3 INCH 7.5 SHOT IN HEVISHOT AND HAVE SMOKED DUCKS OUT TO 60 YARDS WITH MODIFIED CHOKE TUBE IN MY BERETTA 20. THE BIGGEST THING FOR KILLING WHAT YOU SHOOT AT IS PATTERNING YOUR GUN AND KNOWING WHAT DISTANCE IT CAN SHOOT EFFECTIVELY! HAPPY HUNTING! [/quote]
SKYBUSTER

Beretta extrema

Postby JT » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:26 pm

The extrema is a fine gun. works really well.
JT

Postby extremakiller » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:35 am

I own both if I had to choose between them iI would choose the Beretta.
extremakiller
hunter

3.5 in Beretta

Postby ks_waterfowler » Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:40 pm

All my friends have SBEs, so I bought a Beretta Xtrema. They are good guns, but I think that the 3.5 is a waste of money. I rarely shoot 3.5 in, and even then, it is only a turkeys. The Xtrema is a fine gun, and I have actually had less trouble with it than my friends with the SBE. The only real drawback is that I can't shoot Hevi-shot through the barrel. They say it will scratch the chrome lining on the barrel. This is a problem since I do most of my turkey hunting at on a National Wilflife Refuge, where I have to use non toxic for turkey hunting. Kent Tungstem Matrix, is just as good as Hevi-Shot in my opinion, so it really isn't a problem. Hope this helps.

Matt
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby dukhunter45 » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:58 pm

I use an 3.5 Extrema. I haven't had any problems with it. I use it for trap sporting clays, and uplandgame along with waterfowl. Overall a good gun.
dukhunter45
hunter

Postby Triton21 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:12 pm

I've had both the SBE and the Extrema. Hands down, the Extrema is a better gun. My SBE jammed constantly (yes, I cleaned it often), and I couldn't cut a feather with it. Went to the Extrema and regained all the confindence I had lost. The other problem with the SBE was Benelli's customer service dept. Horrible. All my buddies are having the same problems and are switching to the Extrema.
Triton21
Newb

Re: beretta 3.5

Postby plainsman » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:14 pm

[quote="Leadhead"]watch out for the beretta 3.5. have heard many negatives about this gun. it does not stand up to the beretta reputation. benelli, or any of the others (except mosberg) are fine. even the new russian 3.5's are very nice and at about 300.00 you can't beat them.

i]
I guess you ain't been around to much... The Mossberg 935 is doing a hell of a good job.... not to mention cutomer service is the best there is. Unlike Italian guns which throw poor patterns and have very poor service. The Baikal is a great gun, as is the Win. SX2

Where the heck did these guests come from anyway?????If you wanna post, then sign up!!!!
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:21 pm

I would have an Extrema and I love mine, I use it for everything, and I have never had it jam up yet. I have shot it throught the whole year and put around 6 cases of shells through it. I have used it through trap shooting to duck goose and pheasant hunting. Shot it in the rain and snow.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Re: beretta 3.5

Postby BLKLABMAN » Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:31 am

[quote="plainsman"Unlike Italian guns which throw poor patterns and have very poor service.

I have yet to see a bad pattern out of my SBE II or SuperSport with Crio. Granted with my wifes 20ga my we had to go aftermarket, but the Crio's throw awesome patterns(per the pattern board).
I used a Terror .675 most of the year along with a Briley LM simply because I like extended chokes, and like to experiment. They are easier to mess with, and get the constriction outside the barrel.
We did have to use Customer Service once, on one of the 2oga's. Turn around from Benelli USA was 2.5 weeks. Not too shabby if you ask me.
I've seen nothing but great patterns out of 3" 391's.
BLKLABMAN
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:48 am

I'm with KS on this one...I too do not think there is any real need for a 3 1/2"....therefore, if I were going to buy one of the Berettas, I would opt for the 391 or Urika....the 391 is about $575 ....in addition, as mentioned Mossberg is really a very good reliable and durable gun....they are coming out with a 3" version which will be about 20% less cost than the 935.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby thaner » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:43 pm

I have had a bunch of the 390 391 guns and they were great. I just got and xtrema a couple of weeks ago and it's great. :getdown: Ya you don't need a 3.5" but I don't need a lot of stuff I hunt with and I don't need all the HP in my car and truck and so on. It was only another 150.00 over the 3" so what the heck one more thing I don't really need buy have anyway, and I plan to shoot a few 1600 fps 3.5" steel loads just because I can. :laughing:
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum