How are you guys liking your SBE II's ? Any Problems?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

How are you guys liking your SBE II's ? Any Problems?

Postby flyway » Mon May 09, 2005 10:04 pm

I was just wondering if i get some feedback on the Benelli Super Black Eagle II? Im seriously thinking about buying one, and was just wondering if there are any potential problems that I should be aware of. Thanks!!!
flyway
hunter

Postby MinnDuck » Tue May 10, 2005 11:08 am

By far the best shotgun I have ever owned. I used to shoot a Browning Gold and I loved that gun but my SBE2 surpasses it by far. Very compfortable gun, light, swings awesome, durable, dependable. I have had it for about 4 months now. Took it out to South Dakota Snow Goose hunting and I shoot a lot of sporting clays with it. My buddy has has his for almost a year now and he loves it and has not had any problems. I would not think you will be sorry if you pick one up.
MinnDuck
hunter

Postby flyway » Tue May 10, 2005 12:15 pm

Thanks a lot for your input, it helped a bunch. By the sounds of things you've had good luck with the SBE II. It's kind of weird, you hear some people diss them, but others love them to death and that's all they will shoot. I think some people just dont know how to take care of a semi-auto as well, cleaning them and all. but thanks again for your help. I just decided to go ahead and buy one. Thanks !!!
flyway
hunter

sbe II

Postby gowest » Tue May 10, 2005 3:11 pm

I bought one about a month ago after quite a bit of research and love it. If possible, borrow one from a friend and try it. I did and thought it came up great, was light weight, and when shooting clay birds I thought the pattern was awesome. I got mine at gunbroker.com and was very pleased with the price and smooth transaction. I can't wait for dove and duck seasons.

As far as my opinion goes, this is the ultimate weapon.
gowest
hunter

Postby TWO GSPS » Tue May 10, 2005 8:47 pm

I love mine. :getdown: Last year was my first year hunting with it and I don't have a single bad thing to sayt about it. :thumbsup:
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO HUNT WITH AN UGLY DOG.
TWO GSPS
hunter

Postby flyway » Tue May 10, 2005 8:55 pm

:thumbsup: Thanks for the imput guys, KEEP IT COMMING!!!!!! I really do appreciate the feedback. Like you said "gowest" you have to do a lot of reasearch before you go and drop $1,200.00-$1,300.00 on a shotgun. This is helping so much. thanks again.
flyway
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Tue May 10, 2005 9:53 pm

I have not talked to a guy that had one in person that did not like it. You hear a lot of bashing on Benelli, but for the most part it is from guys that cannot afford them. I didn't see a SBE jam at all this year on all the hunts we went on. If I can save up the $$, I will be shooting a SBE this year. They are flat awesome. I have seen them keep pounding when they were laying in sandy pitts and 870s were starting to jam up. I am not saying they are more reliable than an 870, those guys might have had dirty guns, but for an Auto, they are great guns. Don't shoot one until you are ready to buy one!

:thumbsup:
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Wed May 11, 2005 9:27 pm

The 12 ga 26" Comfort Tech SBE II in Max 4 looks very tempting!!! :yes:
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby Admin3 » Thu May 12, 2005 3:01 pm

I will probably be the only guy on here who does not like Benelli's and its not that I can't afford one. I shoot lots of different shotguns throughout the year. I just have personally seen way to many that quit working.

Ask Admin how much he likes the Benelli's that he has purchased. He has a Nova and a SBE2 and he is on his second Nova and the second one has been back to the factory once already. His SBE works part of the time at least.

I'm not going to lie. The guys I hunt with are extremely hard on equipment and they could probably do a better job of taking care of their guns but I have personally seen 9 different Benelli's that quit working out in the field. M1's, Nova, SBE1, SBE2.

Now with that said, I also know guys who have Benelli's that work great.

If you get a Benelli that doesn't work or any gun that doesn't work don't mess around save yourself the headache and send it down the road.
For a good time.....go hunting and eat kuchen.
Admin3
Site Admin

Postby flyway » Thu May 12, 2005 10:04 pm

Amin3,
Thanks for your comments, and I can understand why you have a bad taste of Benneli shotguns in your mouth. The question I have is how do you know what gun to buy? Because I know a lot of people who absolutely love their Benneli's, and some people like you said who dont. I also know people who love browning gold's and swear by them, and some that have traded them in within a week of owning them. And the same goes for the bretta extrema. I must admit, I LOVE the way the SBE II pulls up and the way it fits me, but on the other hand i Dont want to pay that much money for a shotgun that will be nothing but problems ya know. What do you judge? price, feel, brand. There is so much to look for. Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it. "FLYWAY"
flyway
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Thu May 12, 2005 11:13 pm

flyway, your not ever gonna get an answer to which gun do i buy, which gun is the best? Thats like asking which truck ford, chevy, dodge................. Everyone has a gun that they love, (for the time being,) everyone has a gun that they hate.

I know that there are guys out at the clay field that get a new gun tell everyone how great it is and how good of a deal that they got and that everyone should be shootin one. Next month or two they will have a new gun. If you ask them what happened to the old 8th wonder of the world, they will say"OH that piece of crap, it shot like a fence post, always shot high, couldn't shoulder it right................

Everyone loves something until the next great thing comes out. (The exception, all of those guys shootin and killin with an 870) I am not one of those guys, I am one of the guys waiting for something better to come out so i can tell "YOU" how great it is.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby Admin3 » Fri May 13, 2005 7:57 am

Ace is dead on. You will never get an opinion on a gun but here is what I would look for first.

1) Fit- If your shotgun doesn't fit you it doesn't matter how well it functions you will never be able to shoot to your full potential.

2) Function- What are you looking to do. Are you going to primarily hunt geese or ducks or do you want a gun that can do a little of everything. Also, what kind of conditions do you hunt in. Is it going to be mud, and ice and all of that.

3) Price- What are you willing to spend and how much can you afford.

If you can only afford one shotgun. Then figure out what fits you best and will do a little of everything. Save untill you can afford the gun that fits those needs.

I like guns so I have lots of different ones. I hunt snow geese and late season honkers with my SP-10. If it is late in the year and I am hunting ducks and I know the weather is going to be nasty then I shoot a 12ga 870 wingmaster. It always goes bang.

During the early part of the year when it is warm and the honkers and ducks are still dumb I shoot my Rem 1100 and sometimes I shoot my 20 870 wingmaster. I shoot different guns for different situations. Remingtons fit me best and it doesn't matter which one I shoot they all feel the same. Plus if you buy extra guns you have a backup. Just in case something goes wrong. They all break down eventually. Everything mechanical does.

I am seriously looking into buying an over/under 28 gauge for shooting ducks and early canadas this fall. I want a new "toy" because I like guns. Do I need it. No. But one can never have to many guns.
For a good time.....go hunting and eat kuchen.
Admin3
Site Admin

Postby flyway » Fri May 13, 2005 9:37 am

Admin3,
You very right went it comes to opinions, everybody has their own and you can't change them. I guess I'll just have to go by what fits me best, and what I can afford. I shoot a Remington 870 for a pump, and A Franchi 912 Variomax for a semi. If I do buy a SBEII, im going to trade in the Franchi, so it will help somewhat with the high cost. The 912 is okay, but I dont like the way it pulls up, and I am not a fan of gas operated systems, they are just to hard to keep clean and running smooth. It never ONCE has jammed on me though, but still it doesnt fit me like a benelli does. Thanks a lot for your help!!!!

=== IF anyone else has any info on the SBEII, feel free to let me know.
Thanks.
flyway
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Fri May 13, 2005 10:48 am

Get ya the SBE. My dad has one...I have seen it jam twice shooting the cheapest low base dove shells I could find. I have also heard reports of the barrel ring snaping off and the barrel falling off, wich was covered under warrenty without any BS. Theres bound to be a few " lemons". I have the Nova. Ive used it on dux, geese, dove, a couple tree rats, and a few snakes....Kills em dead :mrgreen:

Y'all have a nice day! :hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

I wish I had a SBE 2

Postby Elmer Fudd » Sun May 29, 2005 11:47 pm

If I wish hard enough do ya suppose my wife wouldnt notice the 1200 that I spent on it??? LOL :laughing:

Until That wish could come true.. I'll be shootin my Nova
Upside Down & Feet Twitchin...
The HeviShot way
Elmer Fudd
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon May 30, 2005 12:28 am

Wish really really hard.....then go take a nap :salude:

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Mon May 30, 2005 10:22 am

My friends dad has the sbeII and his barrel ring snapped off last season. Other than that i have not heard of to many problems.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby wiwoodie » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:28 pm

I have shot over 600 rounds through my gun and I have not had any problems. I have also been shooting lite loads for trap and have not seen a problem unless the gun is dirty!!! This is the simplest gun to clean too. I like the feel as far as shouldering and snapping on to my target. The recoil,, What recoil there is not much. I cant say enough about the SBE II

The only down side I see is the I have the Camo version and I'm not all that keen on the durablity of this but we will see. I have already put a few scratches in it.

wiwoodie
wiwoodie
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum