Browning Vs Benelli

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Postby frazier2209 » Mon May 16, 2005 12:41 pm

when choosing between 3" and 3 1/2" why not get the 3", and when choosing between camo or synthetic why not get the camoflauge synthetic stock?
This is a really simple decision. Go w/ the SBE II in Max-4 and you won't be dissappointed :thumbsup:
frazier2209
hunter

Postby duckweed » Tue May 17, 2005 6:38 pm

:withstupid: :toofunny:
BUY A GUN, PISS OFF A LIBERAL!
duckweed
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Tue May 17, 2005 6:51 pm

DOES ANYBODY HERE SHOOT A BERETTA ? I think that they are great guns and have been thinking about getting a new auto 20 guage for the duck blind. I never hear anyone say anything about them on this site. Everyone just talks about the SBEII's. Just thought that i would ask.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby frazier2209 » Wed May 18, 2005 4:46 am

in fact ACE, i dont even own a Benelli. Even though it isn't perfect (with the nickel reciever and turkish walnut sick) i shoot my Beretta AL319 Teknys 20 ga. everywhere. From the sporting tournaments to flooded timber, even while I'm turkey hunting. I really like this gun, but think I am gonna get a Stoeger Condor to be my field gun. :mrgreen:
BTW Beretta has excellent customer service.
frazier2209
hunter

Postby frazier2209 » Wed May 18, 2005 4:48 am

I just thought of this:
I wonder how the Benelli SBEII w/ Comfor tech in MAX-4
would compare to Beretta AL391 Xtrema II MAX-4
Both guns are in the same price and weight range :yes:
frazier2209
hunter

Postby bullet » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:56 am

frazier2209 wrote:I just thought of this:
I wonder how the Benelli SBEII w/ Comfor tech in MAX-4
would compare to Beretta AL391 Xtrema II MAX-4
Both guns are in the same price and weight range :yes:

Go figure! One is made upstairs and the other is made downstairs of the same factory
bullet
hunter

Postby Ducksbeus » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:08 am

What Ive heard....the SBE has had a problem with the barrel ring snapping off, causing the barrel to come off. These where replaced, for free. The Browning has had some jamming issues, expecially in cold wet conditions.
I myself like both guns, and would buy either, if the wife let me. You have to remember that autos are not perfect. They have a lot of moving parts. Stuff happens...Get ya a new gun with 3.5" chamber, you'll be glad ya did :yes:

:hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering:
"You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve" Hank Jr. and Kid Rock
Ducksbeus
hunter

Postby cooter » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:15 pm

frazier2209 wrote:when choosing between 3" and 3 1/2" why not get the 3", and when choosing between camo or synthetic why not get the camoflauge synthetic stock?
This is a really simple decision. Go w/ the SBE II in Max-4 and you won't be dissappointed :thumbsup:

I'm with it ! ! !

Why when spending this type of money, would a person NOT get a gun that had the ability to do it all, versus one that had limits. :cool:

They will Pry my SBE out of my dead hands. :salude: cooter
member of: Team GREEN
cooter
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:37 pm

Well the most important diff. to me is that Browing (unlike Benelli) is Made in the US!!

Benelli is made in some farain country like France :eek: or somthing like it........

-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby Kiwi » Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:35 pm

I bought a browning gold fusion 6mths ago and love it ,5 friends of mine all shoot the browning golds and have had no problems.
My son 15 yr saved his money from a paper run and bought himself a win super X 2 ,which has the Browning gas and choke system , he too is thrilled with it .

At the end of the day it's the main tool for your slaying and has to fit !!!!!

Cheers kiwi :thumbsup:
Kiwi
hunter

Postby easternshorehunter » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:07 am

actually browning is made in Japan
easternshorehunter
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:47 am

easternshorehunter wrote:actually browning is made in Japan

Not necessarily true........ I guess I did make it sound like they were 100% manufactured in the US.

Their Over/Unders are manufactured in Japan, and their Auto loaders (I believe) are made in Portuagal.......

NOW, w/ that said, I would rather throw money toward a company that is at the very least HQ'd in the US..... NOT 100% to a farain country.

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby bags » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:13 pm

Firstly - what a great forum and a brilliant question!

AlaskaRedneK is right, browning have most of their u/o made in Japan under both the browning trademark and through their sister company Miroku (nice guns!). Their semi's (Golds) are advertised as made in Belgium, at least that's what is stamped on the barrel.

I shoot both a Browning Gold euro and a Benelli M2, obviously they are completely different guns in most respects. As far as reliability both are exceptional, probably amongst the best available. The browning needs cleaning every 400 rounds or so, whilst the m2 hangs in there for longer. Recoil is moderate in both guns - normally the gas operated browning is miles ahead of inertia but the comfortech stock is an improvement on the m1.

The m2 is much smaller in the forearm - and for someone over 6foot it is probable the gold will fit you better (swinging is smother). Also the Browning has the superior loading system - speed loading is simply that. Fast.

For a pure workhorse I would buy the SBE/M2, only because it will survive the marshland. For looks and style go the Browning - and as for Max 4 stocks: they are at home in the field, but look stupid if you plan to do any range/pigeon/other small game work!
When the bullets stop flyin and the smoke clears, it only means I'm reloading...
bags
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:46 pm

Ducksbeus wrote:What Ive heard....the SBE has had a problem with the barrel ring snapping off, causing the barrel to come off.

I have a friend who has a SBE with this problem!
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:26 am

bags wrote: Their semi's (Golds) are advertised as made in Belgium, at least that's what is stamped on the barrel.

That sounds more probable.......OOPS :oops:

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Postby bullet » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:22 am

I heard the parts are made in Belgium and assembled in Portugal.
bullet
hunter

Postby cooter » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:16 am

I think when you get to the quality of the guns being talked about it get down to a personal perference. They are all quality guns, just made by different people. And as much as I hate to say it, spending my money is about me. If there is 2 equal products available and 1 in a USA Product than I will buy USA. But the first thing is about the quality I am paying for.

I own 2 SBE's and could not be happier with the product. And if someone stole them from me tomorrow, I would replace them with the same gun. But that is my peference, Browning is a quality gun with no doubt.

MY "WARNING" WOULD BE:

I would not buy ANY gun with the Black Mat Finish. They rust very easily, and need to be wiped down after every outing. I have a Camo SBE, that I don't even haft to clean but once through the bird hunting season Sept - Feb. But the Black Matt SBE has to have the outside wiped down just about every outing or the next time it comes out ofd the case it has a light film of powder red rust starting on it. cooter
member of: Team GREEN
cooter
hunter

Postby bullet » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:49 am

cooter wrote:I own 2 SBE's and could not be happier with the product. And if someone stole them from me tomorrow, I would replace them with the same gun.

Me too!
bullet
hunter

Postby HunterRed » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:36 pm

I couldn't decide whether to get the Gold or the SBE II either. But I ended up with the Benelli and I found that it is worth every penny. :thumbsup:
Benelli-Performance Worth the Price
HunterRed
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:39 pm

cooter wrote:MY "WARNING" WOULD BE:

I would not buy ANY gun with the Black Mat Finish. They rust very easily, and need to be wiped down after every outing.

Yeah, I have to totally agree on that.

I have a Remington 870 Express Super Magnum (LEMON of a gun), and it has the matte finish.....and it has started to rust....

-Stouff

AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Good job

Postby ocmulgee » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:05 am

I never have like benelli's but as for browning I've personally owned two Browning Gold hunter's and both gave me major problems. One required sending back to Browning which they fixed for free when the gun was 5 yrs old so that should tell you they knew about the flaw. After shooting both benelli and browning I tried a Beretta, i'll promise you that you wont find a faster shooting better balance shotgun than a Beretta. Its like shooting birds with a feather. My first beretta has had around 25-30 cases of shells shot through it and has yet to misfire of give a sign of any trouble.
ocmulgee
hunter

Postby kducky1 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:33 am

Normally I would say browning would be the way to go. But a few years ago I bought a Bennelli Nova, Camo on it , synthetic stock. What a gun It had great features I could now shoot anything from 2 3/4 to 3 1/2" mags all out of the same gun and same barrel. It also allows me to supress the shell loading and drop in a 3 1/2" shell for a goose load needed while I'm shooting ducks. I have never had a problem with it in 8 years now. It out does any other shot gun I have (4of them) Clean up is a breeze. For the money it is worth a look.

Good luck
I've been trained in the fine art of duck warfare.
kducky1
hunter

Postby firebird » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:23 pm

Like ocmulgee I had major probs with the B. gold-Jammed like crazy. Browning was good to deal with and assured me no more trouble. But what a pain in the tail during Oct. which of course is when the trouble started. I've never had problems with rust on the sythetic black though and stay away from camo as it just doesn't always fit in. My beretta over under 3 1/2 has been back 2 times for repairs, Excellent customer service but again, sucks to be gunless in October. My nephew who is harder on guns than me has had zero trouble with his benelli. If I had the money I would give the benelli a shot since in MY OPINION the others have let me down, and given the competition a window on opportunity.
There is no help for this kind of insanity. I'm just a duck hunter, and should not be held accountable for all my actions between October 1st and freeze-up. Gordon MacQuarrie
firebird
hunter

Postby Gooseboy » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:59 pm

There are no negatives in benellis. :mrgreen:
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

benelli.....

Postby ocmulgee » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:46 pm

I've never owned one but several of my friends have the super black eagles and each of them have to carry a can of oil to the field with them to keep them shooting. After seeing them do that I've never had the nerve to try one myself. Plus they kick like crazy where as my beretta shoots soft as a baby's..... well, you know.

:toofunny:
ocmulgee
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum