beretta 3.5

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

beretta 3.5

Postby sodak » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:40 pm

I am considering the beretta 3.5 xtrema, but have never shot one or talked to anyone who owns one. Any info on this gun would be helpful. Don't want to spend $900 and be disappointed
sodak
Newb

BERETTA

Postby LEADHEAD » Mon Sep 22, 2003 7:39 am

BE CAREFUL WITH THIS GUN. I HAVE HEARD SEVERAL NEGATIVES. ONE LOCAL GUNSMITH STATED THE GUN WILL NOT HOLD UP DUE TO THE POOR QUALITY OF THE PARTS. THIS GUN IS NOT HOLDING UP TO THE BERETTA REPUTATION. MAYBE SOMEONE OUT THERE HAS ONE AND CAN GIVE US A FIRST HAND OPINION, BUT I HAVE NOT HEARD ANY THING POSITIVE ON THIS GUN.
LEADHEAD

Postby redlegged mallard » Wed Oct 01, 2003 5:59 pm

hey if ur gonna spend $900 u better go with the browing 3 1/2 auto its a pretty good gun or if u want a really good gun go with the super black eagle i heard good things about them to
good luck with finding a gun
redlegged mallard
hunter

Postby SupermagSlick » Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:58 am

I agree with redlegged mallard, the Browning Gold or the SBE are both awesome choices. I hear that they both will shoot anything from light loads up to the heavy 3 1/2 s without problems. I am using the Rem 1187 Supermag, and it has given me No Problems at all-shoots straight, cycles good, and lightens the recoil for all heavy loads. There have been issues in the past with this firearm not wanting to fully cycle the lighter loads used for dove,upland and small game, but on the remington website-you can get remington to send you a free piston seal activator ring to correct this-I got mine-works fine.
SupermagSlick
hunter

Postby thaner » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:19 pm

I just got one. Shot a friends a lot a year ago and love it. Had a SBE and liked the feel, but the recoil was a little stiffer IMO, and it shot low even with the beads stacked. I think that was limited to that gun only. I have had all the other 390 products including a sporting clays mod. that I ran so many thousands of shells through that I couldn't possibly count. I also shot a lot of waterfoul loads and never had a problem once with it. I have a 390 silver mallard that I hunt with all the time and it has been flawless.

Go to the shotgun forum, there are maybe 10 or more xtrema and other 3.5" gun subjects there to look at. When it comes down to, it all guns fail sooner or later with heavy use in extrem conditions and everyone likes the one they picked better than the others. It's a lot of personaly opinion and how you take care of it IMO.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:02 pm

I have a gun and I love it, I don't know what you are talking about the gun holds up. I have shot it alot this year, from ducks to geese to pheasants, and trap shooting. That is why I love my xtrema because I can use it for everything.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby dgquail » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:21 am

I love mine. I bought it when it was first available a couple of years ago. Ihave hunted at least half of each hunting season with it and shot probably 10+ cases through it. I cleaned it for the first time about 2 weeks ago. It started raining, the gun got pretty wet and would only fire once. Two cans of gun scrub later, the gun was fine. It is a duck hunting machine. Something you need to pay attention to is the thichness of the stock and grip. It is about twice as thick as a Benelli, so you may want pick one up and shoulder it several times before you buy.
dgquail
hunter

Postby HatterWayne » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:46 am

Problems? . . . 5 of us have been shooting the Xtrema 3.5 for a couple of years now, even shoot Trap. Skeet, and SP Clays with them to "keep in practice", THOUSANDS OF ROUNDS. None of us has had a problem other than when you FIRST starting shooting 2 3/4" light loads, it's a little stiff on ejecting them. About 30 rounds later, it's fine. Needless to say, normal waterfowling can be harsh as with any gun, but still no problems or mechanical failures.

:-)
HatterWayne
Pro Hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:03 am

I dont own one (unfortunatly :oops: ) but I have only heard positives. I would like to get one in the near future.

-SR
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum