Gun Scrubber?

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

Gun Scrubber?

Postby duckdog » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:31 pm

I was wandering if Gun Scrubber is the same thing as carburator cleaner, or brake parts cleaner. It is alot cheaper tha gun scrubber. Anyone ever tried it???
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby Admin2 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:16 am

It is similar, but not the same mixture.

With Carb cleaner it can be hard on the wood of a gun, and can leave a thin oily residue. It could also potentially damgae O rings too.

Brake cleaner would be a better choice for a field cleaning being it dries so quickly. It can blast the powder residue/dirt out and a dry action results, which is great in cold weather were a residue would impede the action, especially on semiautos.

Either way, a nitro remover is best for a thorough cleaning to remove the burnt powder residues, especially for gas operated semiautos on the sleeves where the gas operates the action.

The Deputy riding shotgun
Admin2
hunter

Location: lurking around the corner keeping an eye out for trouble makers

Postby gunman » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:56 pm

I have never noticed a diffrence, you can either pay 10 bucks for a can of powder blaster, of $0.98 for a can of brake cleaner from Walmart.....I've been using the stuff for acouple years now...works GREAT when i'm out prarie dog shooting in SD, just blast some down the barrel and your done...
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby AlaskaRedneK » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:34 am

Never even thought about using automotive stuff.......

I like it!! :salude:
-Stouff
[b][size=14]REAL Trucks don't got Spark Plugs

"Hold the Shotguns.... Its hard to stear like this!"
AlaskaRedneK
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum