mossberg steel shot special

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

mossberg steel shot special

Postby malard_man » Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:07 pm

i was just curious if any of you guys have heard of a mossberg model 500 steel shot special? my dad has one and he said he bought it the first year they had to shoot steel here in wisconsin. it has a 30 inch barrel with a full choke, but the odd thing is how thick the barrel is. it has a canvasback engraved on one side of the reciever, and pintails on the other side. that gun has been through several sets of ejectors, a couple of stocks, and still keeps droppin the ducks like no other :eek: anyway i was just wondering if you guys knew anything about this gun since the mossberg rep at the DU festival last year didn't know anything
malard_man
hunter

Postby greenster » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:57 pm

I have never heard of this gun. Can you ball-park a date when it was made?
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby duckdog » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:08 pm

Maybe post a picture of it, it sound's like a cool looking gun, for a Mossberg :smile:
Any day in the outdoor's is better than at work
duckdog
hunter

Postby malard_man » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:39 pm

for a date, i think it was made during the mid 70's. i know that my dad bought it the first year they outlawed lead to replace his model 12. as far as posting a picture i can't figure out how. i can get the pics on the computer, but i cant get them on here. anyway its not real pretty. but thanks anyway for the help
malard_man
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum