SBE vs. SBE II

Share your questions on all makes and models of shotguns. Please post chokes questions in the SRBC forum

Moderators: Quack Wacker NC, MM

SBE vs. SBE II

Postby doane25 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:33 pm

i'm in the market for a new shot gun and was doin some looking around today. i have it nailed down to the SBE II in max 4. the guy at the counter told me that he didn't know much about the SBE II but that he did in fact have a SBE and loved the crap out of it. he said that his houldered better and thought the comfor tech was bs. he told me to get the regular SBE and save a couple hundred dollars. what do you all think? how do they compare?
doane25
hunter

Postby greenster » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:00 pm

I have the Super black and I love it with full choke shoots pattern like no other. But I have seen several SBEII come in with receiver wear but that should be fix some reason they where not right part or lubricated wrong I don’t know but they where getting wore but it should be fixed now. Far as I can tell SBE will do same job as SBE2 at little less cost.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby texan68 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:18 pm

The actions of the guns are identical. The SBE 2 weighs less, has floating barrel, and has the new recoil reducer stock. I would go with the SBE, I don't see a need for a floating barrel when waterfowl hunting.
texan68
hunter

Postby liv2hunt » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:50 pm

Unless you really have a thing for Crio barrels then I would go with the SBE. Although, depending on how it fits you, the SBEII has adjustment for Cast which the SBE doesnt have. The SBE only has drop.

Happy hunting.
liv2hunt
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:13 am

I'm also in the market & have been shopping the 2 guns... what I think I'm gonna do is get the SBE I & have 'em install a sure cycle, recoil reducer, pattern master choke tubes, easy hit sight & get the magazine extention (just in case I get to hunt in the snow goose conversvation season) all for about what an SBE II would cost. :thumbsup:

I have found an SBE I in MOBU that swings fairly nice. Plan B is to get the synthetic & have it (& accessories) camo dipped in the off season. :yes:

This is what I'm after... :help:
[siteimg]859[/siteimg]
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby raidersboy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:29 pm

Working with guns all day every day, and owning both a SBE I & II. I would definately go with the II if you don't mind the extra $$. The chokes pattern much better than the originals(they are 1/2" longer) The "comfortech" system really does work at reducing felt recoil and muzzle climb. Both great guns, but the SBE I is now discontinued and will no longer be sold.
"There's no such thing as too much ammo"

raidersboy
raidersboy
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:38 pm

Thanks for the info raidersboy. :yes:
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby liv2hunt » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:01 pm

Thats a serious lookin piece of duck hunting machinery you are lookin at there Quack!
liv2hunt
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:34 pm

liv2hunt wrote:Thats a serious lookin piece of duck hunting machinery you are lookin at there Quack!

It only holds 10 rounds... think what a BAD @$$ **** it would be with one of 'em 80 round drums on it... TUNDRA SAVER :yes:
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby Benelli Slinger » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:32 pm

i own a SBE and i love it to death, i prefer it over the sbe 2, i have worked my gun to death, i figure around 10,000 rounds so far no break downs, no malfunctions. i use it for skeet and sporting clays in the summer, murder doves, ducks, geese, and turkeys with it all fall and winter

won state junior skeet with it 2 years runnin

p.s. its one of the early models, soo i can sneak an extra shell in it. lol shhhhhhhhhh
Benelli Slinger
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:44 pm

Benelli Slinger wrote:i own a SBE and i love it to death, i prefer it over the sbe 2, i have worked my gun to death, i figure around 10,000 rounds so far no break downs, no malfunctions. i use it for skeet and sporting clays in the summer, murder doves, ducks, geese, and turkeys with it all fall and winter

won state junior skeet with it 2 years runnin

p.s. its one of the early models, soo i can sneak an extra shell in it. lol shhhhhhhhhh

shhhhh... not many folks will know what yer talkin' about :thumbsup:
Quackcephus
hunter

Postby JWG » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:26 pm

yeah, there aren't many game wardens that know about that benelli 4th round either, that goes fer some beretta auto's too
JWG
hunter

Postby Benelli Slinger » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:27 pm

so lets just keep that on dl ;)
Benelli Slinger
hunter

Postby cooter » Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:59 am

I have one of those also, but it upset me to go out and shoot a whole limit out of one group. :salude: cooter
member of: Team GREEN
cooter
hunter

Postby Quackcephus » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:52 pm

cooter wrote:I have one of those also, but it upset me to go out and shoot a whole limit out of one group. :salude: cooter

:laughing:
Quackcephus
hunter

Return to Shotgun Forum