It's starting to get that time Dove season is just a couple weeks away, Teal, Goose and Duck just around the corner, so I Thought I would put up a post on gun safety, which is first aspect of a successful hunt.
1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction
2. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
3. ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use
4. ALWAYS make sure your barrel is clear of obstructions
5. Utilize your guns safety, know how to use it, but don’t rely on it
6. ALWAYS make sure you have the correct equipment.
7. ALWAYS make sure you have approved shot, and shell length for your gun application
8. ALWAYS tell some one where you’re going and when you’ll be back.
9. Be familiar with your hunting location and where you’re going.
10. ALWAYS monitor water levels where they may very,(ocean, lakes, rivers)
11. ALWAYS wear a PFD while motoring around especially in rivers and flooded timber.
12. While wading always be aware of deep water and fast moving streams.
13. Bring extra clothes in case you get wet.
14. Always wear shooting glasses and hearing protection.
That’s about all I can think of right now, feel free to post your suggestion and ill continue to add them to the list, so good luck and safe hunting.
Last edited by greenster
on Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.
Lanyard: KM Custom Cut (hand),KM Cut red label Black Monster #1,RNT Timber hog,DS mondo,6n1 whistle