Alright, so here is my update. Sorry I have been so busy.
First of all thank you all who have contributed their information. It sure seems that we manage to learn a LOT of new things about these 105 cti's each year.
Also Augusta just so you know, I primarily waterfowl hunt, I do upland hunt a lot too, just not has much, and I use only 2 3/4 inch non toxic loads or lead loads. Usually Wingmaster HD's for no-toxic, they pattern and perform very well, the only downside is the cost.
I have now used the 105 cti 2 in 20 degree weather three days in a row, and did not experience problems with the shotgun ejecting live rounds like I did on that day in November. However, I did experience a few jams/failure to cycles, however usually it was not a very big deal, because I was hitting and killing birds on the first shot anyway...
A real testament to how well this gun shoots.
Towards the end of December I experienced an all out failure of my shotgun. It would only shoot 1 round at a time, and it would NOT feed in another round. It would eject the used round, but it would not load another. And each time I had to take the gun apart in order to get the gun action moving again. I even tried wiping down the gun in the field to see if it was a friction or gunk build up problem. When it failed to cycle I could not pull the action back no matter how hard I pulled. After tinkering around, I came to the conclusion that the problem might be the rate reduction system wearing out, because the action (once I got it unstuck) was getting stuck halfway when I released the action to close, and I had to manually close it. The auto feed feature, was failing too. The action would get stuck halfway closed with a live round.
So I installed my new rate reduction system that I had and cleaned out the entire gun really good. During the cleaning I noticed that front screw closest to the magazine tube, on the trigger assembly had come lose. So I adjusted it and re-tightened the screw. During this time, I noticed that that when dry firing the hammer would go too far and get stuck, due to the hammer going to far and piston pushing up catching up under that little edge on the hammer. It did this before too, but it was not as difficult to get unstuck. My other CTI 2 does not do this at all, when I dry fire it. Anyway so I put it all back together, with the only changes being the rate reduction system, and fixing that lose screw and test fired it. It would NOT cycle rounds still, but it would eject the empty! So I installed my other cit 2's trigger assembly system, and it cycled rounds flawlessly, and I just ended up hunting the rest of the season with my gun that way, with only one hick up on on overhead passing shot, in which I think the shell failed to kick out properly due to angle and position of the gun.
The problem that I think is occurring is that the hammer is getting stuck in the upright position, and does not allow the action to properly go backwards with the correct timing. So I am going to send it back in March, and have them take a look at it.
Overall though, I am still loving the gun, it did cost me some birds this season, and frustration, but it is still my favorite shotgun.
Also on another note I keep a log book on waterfowl hunting success. I discovered that when shooting at waterfowl my chances of actually bringing down a bird has greatly improved since I got the 105 cti 2. Before I had my 105 cti 2 it was only 64% followed by another season of 64%, after I got the 105 cti 2 it has been, 89% and 87%. Goes to show you the importance of gun fit!!!
Anyways, that is it for now, because there is nothing I can do about the trigger assembly, besides send it back. Unless somebody else has an idea.....
Also I have been using Break Free CLP to clean both my 105 cti 2's since I got them, and I now use some of the shooter's choice gun grease on the required action assembly parts for both guns as well.