reloading

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide, pennsyltucky

reloading

Postby nbduckhunter » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:43 am

I am interested in starting to reload my own shells but i have no idea how or what to do ect any help or tips video or books out there that will make it any easier would be helpfull

also Citori12 it seems like you have great succes in ur reloading if u could help me out i would greatly appretiate it
nbduckhunter
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:27 am

get this book.

http://shop2.mailordercentral.com/bpica ... er=1131970

u will need it for load info as well as the 100 or so pages of reading. it has all the info u need to know.

go to gun swaps and shows and look for a used mec 600jr (u can find em in the $50 range) thats set up for whatever gauge u want to reload.

reloading is a great hobby and it will make u a better shooter in the process.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Citori12 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:23 pm

How old are you? How much can you be detailed oriented? do you have the time to put together serious handloads? and how interested are you???? Any one can hand load easy enough but for those of us who have done it for many years its a practice not a frivilous hobby..if your interested there are many good handloaders on this site..penny is one of them!!!!!!!!!!!
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby Cobra » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:25 am

:withstupid: Another factor, that effected me, was the quantity and quality of the factory loads over the past 5 or so years. Found some that come out of my gun as well as anything I can make. Early non-toxic loads "SUCKED" so we had to find something better. Completely enjoyed loading them simply decided to spend more of the free time working on varmint loads and carving more decoys. Just make sure that you are going to take it seriously and dedicate yourself to sticking with it, otherwise it's just another mildly expensive filled storage box in the basement.
First it rained, then it blew, then it frizz, then it snew --- from an oldtimers gunning boat ~~ He understood what it's about!
Cobra
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes