Fiocci Steel

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide, pennsyltucky

Fiocci Steel

Postby DJH1 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:44 pm

Anybody shoot Fiocci steel shot? I bought a case last year and have quite a bit left this year. Don't really know whether or not its "good ammo" but we killed some ducks with it. I was wondering if anyone else has any opinions on Fiocci steel.
DJH1
hunter

Postby Citori12 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:00 pm

Like any ammunition its up to the shooter to make good...but I will say steel shot does not store well..for those of them who buy cases its a yukky business..because, steel (Iron) oxidizes..sp...The fiocchi ammunition is as good as any other providing it patterns well with your shotgun..I put nothing in my shotgun unless its proof tested by ME!!! without patterning qualities it does me no good to shoot any specific brand of ammo...but Fiocchi is quality ammo I have seen great patterns out of some of thier ammo...just remember..there is a balance between speed and shot size. There are some specific fiocchi loads that are extemely effective on waterfowl.
C12
Citori12
Membership permanently suspended

Postby Gooseboy » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:47 pm

How much does it cost?
The group ended up with 420 birds.

(\__/) This is my bunny. There
(='.'=) are many like him but this
(")_(")one is mine. Cut and paste the bunny into your signature to help the bunny gain world domination !
Gooseboy
Banned

Postby Citori12 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:54 am

C12 ammo is about 8-10dollars a box depending on the payload.
Citori12

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:43 pm

I have had VG experiences using it. It works very well in my Win SX2. A great duck load. I simply love their #3 shot 3" loads for ducks, very deadly patterns with my factory choke. 72% with the mod choke, 64% with IC choke at 40 yds/30" circle.

It is sometimes hard to find it where I live as Gaylans was bought out by Dicks and Dicks does not carry it now, but it has a great performance at reasonable price. About $10 a box as I recall, on sale a $1 less a box. I now have to drive 35 miles to get it at a smaller sporting Goods store, so I call a head and reserve a case of it before hand so they have in stock for me. And I bypass a Gander Mountian that is 6 miles from me :yes: That should tell you how highly I think of that load and brand.

Most COs do not make #3 shot loads, but Fiocchi does :thumbsup:

And I just crumple the big resident Honkers out to 40 yds with it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Citori12 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:00 pm

I have been impressed by both Kent and Fiocchi in their offerings.
Citori12

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes