Hevi shot reloaders

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, NV Guide, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler

Re: Hevi shot reloaders

Postby lostknife4 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:41 pm

SPatrick wrote:Hey fellas just got this from hq wanted to let y'all know if you have had any issues with this let me know ill get you in touch with who I need to, thanks fellas.

Attention HEVI-Shot Fans

We have never sold HEVI-13® pellets to any source. When purchasing
HEVI-Shot® pellets please purchase them from a qualified reloading house
such as Ballistic Products. We will begin offering bulk HEVI-Shot®
pellets direct from the factory by fall of this year.

How could there possibly be any confusion when EMI have never sold any of this shot as a component ??????????????
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby hawglips » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:31 pm

lostknife4 wrote:Bucks run sells shot, in 13 g/cm^3 mass and EMI do not sell their approximately 13 g/cm^3 shot as a component. At least according to the latest propaganda from St Patrick.
Lost

Not only does EMI not sell 13g/cc shot as a component, they don't put it in their Hevi-13 shells either. It's the old bait and switch. They started off actually putting 13g/cc shells in there, but a couple years back (when they were changing all their densities around making people mad), they just started using regular 12g/cc hevishot in Hevi-13.

So, the deception goes deeper still...
hawglips
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:45 pm

Not only deception but outright falsehoods perpetrated on unsuspecting sportsmen by a bunch of previous Coke advertising and marketing goons.

This was taken from the latest issue of American Waterfowler wherein EMI states "FURTHER DOWNRANGE ENERGY THAN "SUPER STEEL" SHELLS

Now that I would like to see proven................. They don`t even come close to HW13 and they are light years away from TSS!

Lost

"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Back in the WF.com days (~1999) the folks at EMI sent several of us sample batches of Hevi Shot to try in the field and report back to them, with our results/findings.

Of the ten(10) rounds in #2's received, I patterned three (3) of those and the results were dismal, to say the least. Fired one at a September season canada goose and downed it with a broken wing which required a (head) shot of #3 steel to dispatch after the other two (2) rounds of Hevi Shot were fired (in futility) at the wounded bird, some 40 yards away on the water. BTW, the barrel of the 870WM used in those events was markedly scored as a result thereof.

I still have the rest of those cartridges, in their translucent Cheddite hulls with roll crimp and over-the-shot plastic card.

It wasn't until Big Green started loading HS (under licence) in their plant that I decided to give it another go and went with #4's to start. The results were markedly different as it was on a par with the high antimony/plated/buffered lead loads of yore, if not even better in many respects.

When Remington stopped loading HS, I used up what was on-hand but did not purchase any EMI branded product until they came out with Hevi Steel and decided to try a few boxes of that product. IMO, it was the perfect (superior) alternative to regular steel cartridges and at a price point (unlike Hevi Metal) that was actually competitive with premium steel cartridges. Then, EMI dropped this product and (to this day) w/o any public explanation for so doing.

Next, came the marketing blunders with their (EMI) massaging the gm/cc content and being somewhat less than forthcoming on the change from the original gm/cc formulation with some people even claiming fraudulent actions on EMI's part. I have observed the box markings alluding to heavier than lead when such was actually called into question by customers that had actually tested the density of those pellets.

Now, we have this latest fiasco with the OT of this very thread.

Does EMI get their marketing people from inside the Beltway? :no:
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Mink creek sam » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:25 pm

Lost, bug doc, yuchi, goose, hawg, toasty and several others, all EXPERIENCED in reloading non toxic, all familiar with Hevi Shot and Heavyweight 13, all have dealt with Bucks Run, their employees, their products, and their helpful courteous service, all know there is NO WAY to ever mistake Heavyweight 13 for Hevi Shot, all know of the many deceptive practices of Environmental, and all have expressed opinions that are similar response to SPatrick's original post.

It won't do any good to continue to bash SPatrick as he has no reloading experience with non toxic shot, does not know how to describe either, and is under a spell or is getting paid off by EMI, so changing his mind is a waste. So, my response is to support the non toxic reloading community, support Bucks Run and their superior products, and continue to reload non toxic with confidence.

To the non toxic reloading community, I support your posts. Keep going!!
Mink creek sam
hunter

Postby derbyacresbob » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:59 pm

lostknife4 wrote:Not only deception but outright falsehoods perpetrated on unsuspecting sportsmen by a bunch of previous Coke advertising and marketing goons.

This was taken from the latest issue of American Waterfowler wherein EMI states "FURTHER DOWNRANGE ENERGY THAN "SUPER STEEL" SHELLS

Now that I would like to see proven................. They don`t even come close to HW13 and they are light years away from TSS!

Lost

If Hevi-Metal shells have 50% Hevi-Shot in them and they are only $1.00 to $2.00 more per box why can't EMI take the 50% of steel shot out of the Hevi-Metal shells and fill them up with 100% Hevi-Shot and sell them for just $2.00 to $4.00 more per box?

If Hevi-Metal shells are 50% Hevi-Shot by weight a box of 25 3" 12 ga Hevi-Metal shells should have right at 15.6 ounces of Hevi-Shot in each box. A box of ten Hevi-Shot Goose shells, 3" 12 ga with 1-1/2 oz Hevi-Shot are now selling for over $40.00 at most places. It sure looks like the Hevi-Shot in Hevi-Metal shells costs EMI less money than the Hevi-Shot that is in Hevi-Shot Goose loads.
Foxpro Field Staff
derbyacresbob
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:03 pm

Never claimed to have reloading experience chief, bash me all you want, I honestly don't care what the "reloading community" thinks of me. Like I said I am a duck hunter, duck caller, that knows a bit about guns and patterning, and a lot about killing... There are a lot of guys here that know me way better than you do, and will vouch that I am a stand up dude, not trying to screw anyone, I am just giving the information out that was asked of me. :beer:
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby Mink creek sam » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:56 am

Shaun,

I appreciate your last post. Lots of correct information. You are right, I do not know you, so I have no reason to believe that you are not a stand up guy and a good duck hunter.

A lot of the posters to this thread knew from your early posts that you knew nothing about non toxic reloading. Nothing wrong with admitting that. And those posters knew that you were just passing along information given to you by someone else. I personally do not believe that you intended to "screw" anyone.

The problem is that you passed along incorrect information, and the intentions of your "source" are very suspect. Most posters believe that your information "source" is EMI and that your continued defense of the "source" is misguided.

Again, good last post.
Mink creek sam
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:44 am

Just who is this person who gave this propaganda to St Patrick to post in this forum? And is he the one who is responsible for all the rest of the BS and lies originating from EMI or do they have a bunch of these ill informed management type liars?
Lost
PS: St Patrick is being singled out as the culprit instead of the messenger, we could have the need to know the real person behind this fiasco, his real name, email addresses, Twitter and Facebook and any other social network addy's, snail mail address, Social Security number, phone home number, business number and extension, girlfriend/wife name and number, other wives and girlfriends names and numbers and contact information, DNR office in his hunting area contact information, what political party he/they belong to, education statistics, IRS jurisdiction, auditor and a few more that I just can't remember at this time................... He has no idea of the wrath that could be bestowed on him, not that we would of course, from making all these less than factual accusations upon legitimate businesses and individuals. Pretty bad when he didn't even sign his original "literary masterpiece". Rant now in intermission, tune in for more later.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:53 pm

Another great recommendation for EMI products...... viewtopic.php?f=72&t=253673

Lost
lostknife4
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes