7/8 oz B's 1824 fps

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, NV Guide, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler

Re: 7/8 oz B's 1824 fps

Postby BT Justice » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:38 am

Jon Bergren wrote:
BT Justice wrote:Nice pictures on the Hollywood falling from the sky... :lol3:

I will say I've shot a few of Ned's super fast loads and they do work in many instances, so I'm not knocking his claims.
My big problem is in testing super fast loads, from what we have seen most wads tend to start melting at speeds above 1730-1750 fps depending on the wad. I had my BRO in law look at a few of the wads, he's a chemical engineer, and his thoughts were the same as mine friction from that high a speed load going down the barrel caused it. That's why I won't use anything over 1700 fps.

I've never had a plastic residue left in my barrels or chokes from the shotcups I use for loads over 1700 fps. Most of the fast loads run over 1800 fps in my 935. I use alot of B & P and VP shotcups for these fast loads as well as MM and NTC. Ned S

I didn't state anything about plastic residue, I'm more worried about wad failure which has never happened but why take the chance. I have one 10 ga load that clocks around 1935 fps, I won't use it or give it out because it's also running well over 13,000 psi but it does work and the wads really were starting to look ugly with that load.
I'll take my Bro in laws words on this, that plastics do fail under certain conditions of heat and stress, he's been working for the Chemical and Synthetics division of one of the worlds largest oil companies for over 30 years. I think we both would agree he should know...Joe
BT Justice
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:46 am

mudpack wrote:
orphanedcowboy wrote:Lost, I see you're on the nasty gram list too,

That makes three of us, so far. I wonder who else on here he has threatened with a lawsuit?

Orphaned', that smiley looks to me like it's pretty much deceased before it hit the ground. :huh:
Great pictures! I appreciate 'em.

He can threaten to sue all day, finding someone to actually take the case is altogether different.

She was very much alive, two broken wings, she kept trying to fly, my lens was just not fast enough to catch it. I really need a Sigma lens or two.

Sent from my Tesla coil
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:47 am

orphanedcowboy wrote:
mudpack wrote:
orphanedcowboy wrote:Lost, I see you're on the nasty gram list too,

That makes three of us, so far. I wonder who else on here he has threatened with a lawsuit?

Orphaned', that smiley looks to me like it's pretty much deceased before it hit the ground. :huh:
Great pictures! I appreciate 'em.

He can threaten to sue all day, finding someone to actually take the case is altogether different.

She was very much alive, two broken wings, she kept trying to fly, my lens was just not fast enough to catch it. I really need a Sigma lens or two.

Sent from my Tesla coil

What you really need is TSS !!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:26 am

I loaded some when it first hit the market, back when all they had was 7 & 8 shot. It was deadly, no doubt about it. I barely have time to load anything or I would still be shooting it.

Sent from my Tesla coil
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby RUN REMI RUN » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:58 pm

I thought u need only 1 pellet to kill a goose, either thru the eye or up the back door!!!

I let go 3 shots at a greater Canada goose, 60 +yrds out using 3.5" BB steel loads, high vel. cheepy ones, with my full steel choke 28" barrel BPS, 12 guage, and my brother next to me dropped his in 1 shot and finished mine off, using 3.5" bb steel, 22"barrel BPS 10 guage, Remington loads.

I love God's gun!!!!LOL

works amazing on teal and woodducks too LOL, u only need 1 pellet and their down!!!

just don't shot them too close, or u have burger meat!!! like 20yrd and out.

also, if steel is ok to use, why isn't copper / brass plated lead shot allowed??? it shouldN'T poison the birds and will give u the density u need to knock down?
I've been hunting ducks a long time and the steel shot, waste more birds and cripples them, in the few years it has been out than all my years put together, using lead back in the day and on partridge!!!!

p.s. don't use steel on partridge!!!! BIG MESS!!!!
RUN REMI RUN
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:21 pm

This is a response to the moderators PM to me about my posting on Re: 7/8 oz B's 1824 fps.

Dep6 as distasteful as I think it is in any case to copy PM's however in this particular case IMHO I thought it pertinent to inform everyone about childish threats. As it turns out I was only one of many who have received this same advice from Ned. As a matter of fact I liked Red Skelton and from what I have learned about him he was very well liked.
Sorry but I must tell you that I shall not comply with your request to follow a rule that I was never made aware of nor will I stand by and be/let anyone be browbeat by anyone, nor do I expect anyone to do the same about anything I say.
I feel this case, threats and/or promises, are much to important to be kept in private in the best interests of all involved.
You do what you think you need to do but sending threats thru this forum ranks right up there, especially from people who have already been forced off the forum.
This reply will also be sent via Re: 7/8 oz B's 1824 fps. The members need to know what is going on.
Lost
"It's not the game but the chase ~ not the trophy but the race !" from my Dad, many years ago.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby Skeet123 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:57 pm

I would like to see what that pattern looks like Ned over a couple of ranges with the same choke.
Skeet123
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:32 pm

lostknife4 wrote:This is a response to the moderators PM to me about my posting on Re: 7/8 oz B's 1824 fps.

Dep6 as distasteful as I think it is in any case to copy PM's however in this particular case IMHO I thought it pertinent to inform everyone about childish threats. As it turns out I was only one of many who have received this same advice from Ned. As a matter of fact I liked Red Skelton and from what I have learned about him he was very well liked.
Sorry but I must tell you that I shall not comply with your request to follow a rule that I was never made aware of nor will I stand by and be/let anyone be browbeat by anyone, nor do I expect anyone to do the same about anything I say.
I feel this case, threats and/or promises, are much to important to be kept in private in the best interests of all involved.
You do what you think you need to do but sending threats thru this forum ranks right up there, especially from people who have already been forced off the forum.
This reply will also be sent via Re: 7/8 oz B's 1824 fps. The members need to know what is going on.
Lost

Amen, stand your ground and I'll be right there with you.
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:35 pm

orphanedcowboy wrote:
lostknife4 wrote:This is a response to the moderators PM to me about my posting on Re: 7/8 oz B's 1824 fps.

Lost

I think those of us who have been threatened by ned can get the point across without copying and posting PMs, which, by the way, has not happened...to everyone's credit.

I wonder if the moderators have seen fit to send warnings to ned, similar to those sent to Lost?? Seems to me the mods have made a decision to allow a banned poster to resume posting under a different username, as long as he is a good boy. That's okay by me, but ned's PM threats seem like a deliberate slap in the face to the mods for their kind tolerance.
mudpack
hunter

Postby BBK » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:38 pm

Maybe those of you who have been threatened since he has returned should all forward the PM to the same admin (not a mod, an admin). If he gets 5-10 of them he pretty much has to do something about it IMO.
BBK
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:28 pm

mudpack wrote:
orphanedcowboy wrote:

Lost

I think those of us who have been threatened by ned can get the point across without copying and posting PMs, which, by the way, has not happened...to everyone's credit.
Yes it has and I was the one who posted Neds PM to me to inform everyone of his so called inferred threat to my so called and inferred reference to his personal sanity or lack thereof although my quoting Red Skelton's joke has been taken by one person as a personal attack on him alone !!! I wonder why he has singled himself out as the only person on this "attack" ??? My reason for this distasteful act of quoting Ned/Jon's PM was to bring his actions to the forefront and perhaps get feedback from others who have received these types of threats from Ned/Jon or whomever he remembers he is on the day in question. Lost

I wonder if the moderators have seen fit to send warnings to ned, similar to those sent to Lost?? Seems to me the mods have made a decision to allow a banned poster to resume posting under a different username, as long as he is a good boy. That's okay by me, but ned's PM threats seem like a deliberate slap in the face to the mods for their kind tolerance.
lostknife4
hunter

Postby TexasGeese » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:04 pm

The whole talk about lawsuits really surprises me since on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most confrontational/slanderous of internet forums, I would rank this forum a 2. And I would only rank it a 2 because there are times when people have their differences and it can get a little heated, but it remains civilized to some extent mainly due to the maturity of the posters. I would hate to see how some of you handle forums that have little to no moderation, where people have to learn to take a joke and dish it back instead of taking it personally. In 6 months most people won't even remember what was said and really don't even care to remember.
TexasGeese
hunter

Postby mudpack » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:39 pm

lostknife4 wrote:... I was the one who posted Neds PM to me to inform everyone of his so called inferred threat

Sorry, lost, I don't remember seeing that post.

The admins have access to the PM's, and I'm fairly certain they've been giving due diligence to those sent out by swygard.
If not, they have permission to access my full PM history.
mudpack
hunter

Postby orphanedcowboy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:53 am

TexasGeese wrote:The whole talk about lawsuits really surprises me since on a scale of 1-10, with 10 being the most confrontational/slanderous of internet forums, I would rank this forum a 2. And I would only rank it a 2 because there are times when people have their differences and it can get a little heated, but it remains civilized to some extent mainly due to the maturity of the posters. I would hate to see how some of you handle forums that have little to no moderation, where people have to learn to take a joke and dish it back instead of taking it personally. In 6 months most people won't even remember what was said and really don't even care to remember.

God help this place if ThreeCurl ever finds it................. :lol3:
NRA Life Member
orphanedcowboy
hunter

Postby lostknife4 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:09 am

mudpack wrote:
lostknife4 wrote:... I was the one who posted Neds PM to me to inform everyone of his so called inferred threat

Sorry, lost, I don't remember seeing that post.

The admins have access to the PM's, and I'm fairly certain they've been giving due diligence to those sent out by swygard.
If not, they have permission to access my full PM history.

If in fact the admins have been giving due diligence to Jon/Ned's PM's then they already know what has been sent and their replies to my PM-copies to the open forum are just a means of protecting the perpetrator, or themselves, for whatever reason, if however they had nipped that at the bud to start with then we would never have heard from them in the first place, So who are they protecting here and why??? Is it ok then to make "threats/promises" via PM's but not ok to copy these to the open forum, with a reply, for all to see?
PM's are a place for private exchange of information and I agree are just that, a place for private exchange of information, but when this avenue is used for threats/promises of a questionable nature then IMHO it's the choice of person who received the PM whether he/she wishes to share this "information".
Lost
lostknife4
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes