Different stores different shells?

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, NV Guide, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler

Different stores different shells?

Postby TexasDuck » Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:56 am

I just got an 1187 and it had a problem with reloading, first quetion asked by the Remington dealer is where I bought the ammo (Academy). He explained that the Remington factory ammo he buys is not the same bought at larger discount sporting goods stores.

I've never had this problem with pump or single shot guns and the same box of ammo worked on another 1187 and benelli in the field. Any thought?
TexasDuck
Newb

different store different shells

Postby thaner » Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:08 pm

I have a bunch of Remington’s. They are all pigs; if you feed it to them they will eat it. The only problems I have ever had with any of them was one with a mag. Tube that got a little rusty and hung-up shells in the tube. I had and a few 3” auto’s that were a little fussy about light loads.

I would analyze the failure and see if you can figure out the problem. It sounds like a problem with the gun. What are the symptoms? Where does the reloading process fail? Shells stuck in the tube? Incomplete cycle? Is the empty case out of the gun or still in it, action open or closed?

Have you tried several other loads to see how they work?
thaner
hunter

Postby thaner » Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:26 pm

One more note. Different mfr. sell different quality levels of ammo, but if it's Premier or Nitro Mag or UMC or what ever it's the same everywhere. They don't sell a better version of the same product one place and not another. Now there are differences between the cheep lines and the high dollar lines. You generally get what you pay for. There are also problems with lots sometimes, but if the ammo was really bad like duds you would know and it wouldn't work in another sim. gun.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes