new reloading shot

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide, pennsyltucky

new reloading shot

Postby wigeon jim » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:51 pm

http://niceshotinc.com/ anyone seen this new shot, Jim
straight powder
wigeon jim
hunter

Postby thaner » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:59 pm

Looks interesting. Soft like lead is what I liked about TM, but I hear TM is on the way out due to cost.

I shot them an e-mail asking for price and if the shot was the same weight as lead for use with current lead loading data. I also asked about patterning. Looks interesting depending on the answers. It doesn't look very round, but Hevi kind of shot down the old must be perfectly round to pattern good idea.

Here is another new shot. It's Super Shot. Very expensive, but look at the weight compared to lead or even hevi. Also is supposed to pattern so good you almost don't need choke and will kill ducks with #7 at 60 yards or something like that.

http://www.tungstensupershot.com/pages/technical.asp
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby thaner » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:52 pm

They were very fast to get back to me. Here is the info.

At the moment we only have #5 shot in 1 kilogram samples or 2.205 lbs. @ $40.48 / kilo. ( $18.36 / pound ) The price will stay the same size to size. It is based on material weight. You can purchase direct from me. Just email me your order, I'll send you the cost with shipping. As soon as I receive you payment I'll ship it out. No credit card orders yet.

It works well, and has been tested in a variety of loads and chokes. Use lead loading tables and components. The shot is sold in bulk for now and manufactured ammunition maybe on the shelf this year. Prices should come down in future as soon as manufacturing picks up. The planned sizes are: BB, 2, 4, & 5.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:05 pm

Hevi-shot is $15 a pound............

However you can not mash it with pliers !!
Sagebrush
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes