Best Load for Your Buck

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide, pennsyltucky

Re: Best Load for Your Buck

Postby greenster » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:47 pm

Just for the record..I don't shoot those, just giving price details. I shoot 3" Kent 1 1/4 #3 $129 at macks PW
"Thomas Jefferson said I had a God-given right to pursue happiness. What makes me happy is to take a mallard's head smooth off at about 20 feet.

Lanyard: KM Custom Cut, KM Cut Black Monster, LC cut BSOD, RNT Timber hog, 6n1 whistle
greenster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby John Duck » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:50 pm

BBK wrote:
Bull Can wrote:I usually shoot speed-shok and x-pert exclusively but recently I've noticed that speed-shok is a dirty load. My barrel has a lot of unburned shot. I do like x-perts though they seem to be reasonable. What were you saying about kents? I've never tried em but know a ton of people that do.

He was trying to say that kents are fast (FASTeel) and that fast is a gimmick. Kents are no faster than any other load, maybe 25fps max on some of them and they are one HELL of a good load!

Right, even proves more that indeed they are a gimmick!
John Duck
hunter

Postby z51 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:44 pm

It doesn't "prove" anything, it's simply branding. You are proving you don't know much about, well, anything. But you have opinions, I'll give you that.
z51
hunter

Postby Quack Wacker NC » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:00 pm

z51 wrote:
Quack Wacker NC wrote:
greenster wrote:Here's a local ad. Good all the time.

I know they shut down there online store do u know if they will ship if I call them?

I don't know, call them and see.

Yeah I called them and they won't
Quack Wacker NC
Forum Moderator

Postby John Duck » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:36 pm

z51 wrote:It doesn't "prove" anything, it's simply branding. You are proving you don't know much about, well, anything. But you have opinions, I'll give you that.

Yes, It's simply branding? Simply? I don't think Billions spend yearly on advertising is Simply. It's designed for the simple minded, I'll give you that.
John Duck
hunter

Postby z51 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:35 am

O K are you Scully or Mulder? Do you ever wonder why they call it Charmin, rather than "that stuff you wipe your arse with". Branding has a purpose. Not everything is a capitalist plot.
z51
hunter

Postby John Duck » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:28 pm

z51 wrote:O K are you Scully or Mulder? Do you ever wonder why they call it Charmin, rather than "that stuff you wipe your arse with". Branding has a purpose. Not everything is a capitalist plot.

Who are Scully or Mulder? Don't watch TV or movies for 10 years like I did and see how you opinion may change. Change the "Window to YOUR World" That is why I waterfowl, to keep based in reality and meaning.
John Duck
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes