best choke for xtrema II

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, Ohio Wildfowler, NV Guide, pennsyltucky

best choke for xtrema II

Postby thenati » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:45 pm

just purchased an xtrema II, was wondering which manufactures choke is best. using 3.5 shells, 2 shot. any info would be great! mostly shooting mallards some geese. typical shooting range in 20 to 40 yards.
...may there be wind at your back and ducks in your face!
thenati
hunter

Re: best choke for xtrema II

Postby pennsyltucky » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:59 pm

put the mod and i/c on paper if you can. the mod would be good for mostly duck shots, but the i/c would be better for geese in that range. possibly mod for both especially if more shots are out at 40 than at 20.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby thaner » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:28 pm

:withstupid: you must pattern. For me with my xtrema for mallards at 20-40 yards I used an after market light mod or skeet two with #3. Your mod will be fine if you are shooting more like 30 and out or your IC 30 and less, but I like the LM for all around in that range with #3 if your shooting at the 40 edge of that range. Shoot the geese in the head and neck and the #3 are fine inside 40 yd. Keep the speed up to 1500 or so with the small shot.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

thenati

Postby thenati » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:07 pm

thanks for all the info.
...may there be wind at your back and ducks in your face!
thenati
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes