I can't talk myself into it.

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, NV Guide, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler

I can't talk myself into it.

Postby dakotashooter2 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:13 pm

Buying designer loads, that is. I keep going to the local sporting goods stores, looking at blackclouds, Hypersonics ,Blindsides and others, then I think back to my last hunt where I limited with my Federal blue box or remington nitros in 12ga or 20 ga and ask myself "what the heck would I need these for"..........................................As of yet I have found no justification to buy any of those loads.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Re: I can't talk myself into it.

Postby Yuchi1 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Keep listening to those voices in your head! :yes:
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Heck;
I do ok with the 3rd place Winchester's .......................

How dead do you have to kill a bird, any way ........... with money left over for a Happy meal !!
Sagebrush
hunter

Postby John Duck » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:44 pm

dakotashooter2 wrote:Buying designer loads, that is. I keep going to the local sporting goods stores, looking at blackclouds, Hypersonics ,Blindsides and others, then I think back to my last hunt where I limited with my Federal blue box or remington nitros in 12ga or 20 ga and ask myself "what the heck would I need these for"..........................................As of yet I have found no justification to buy any of those loads.

It's all about HOPE and CHANGE LOLOLO
John Duck
hunter

Postby BBK » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:12 pm

dakotashooter2 wrote:Buying designer loads, that is. I keep going to the local sporting goods stores, looking at blackclouds, Hypersonics ,Blindsides and others, then I think back to my last hunt where I limited with my Federal blue box or remington nitros in 12ga or 20 ga and ask myself "what the heck would I need these for"..........................................As of yet I have found no justification to buy any of those loads.

To each his own. Depends on where and at what ranges you shoot your birds as to what the "designer" loads will do for you. For 99% of hunters they are a waste of money. For most people the bottom of the line shells are all they will ever need. :thumbsup:
BBK
hunter

Postby War Wagon » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:31 pm

Too much Hype on the heavy shot shells. You can miss with them just as easy. Hope you have VERY DEEP pockets to shoot that stuff.
War Wagon
hunter

Postby dakotashooter2 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:10 am

I don't have deep pockets which is the primary reason I have stayed away from them. Honestly the only advantage I really see in them is that I might be able to get a limit in a 1/2 hr instead of an hr................................IF i decide I even want a limit................LOL........

I'll be the first to admit I'm not that great a shot. Long shots are just a waste of ammo for me so I keep them short. So since my long range shooting isn't great investing in a long range shell really doesn't make any sense.
dakotashooter2
hunter

Postby hawglips » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:32 am

It all depends on what kind of performance one is wanting.
hawglips
hunter

Postby mudpack » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:01 am

dakotashooter2 wrote:I Honestly the only advantage I really see in them is that I might be able to get a limit in a 1/2 hr instead of an hr...

How do you figure that? Does a designer load make us shoot more accurately? Does it make us judge distances better? Does it make us hide more effectively? Call more expertly? Set out decoys better? PICK THE BETTER SPOT??

The only thing I see these loads doing is convincing the average duck hunter that he can take shots he shouldn't be taking. If these hunters count lost cripples towards their daily bag limit, then I suppose they can "limit out" quicker.....

As you might guess, I consider those loads nothing more than gimmicks.
mudpack
hunter

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes