1's

Interact with others on shot gun shells, reloading, ballistics, chokes, or anything that has to do with your shooting.

Moderators: donell67, NV Guide, pennsyltucky, Ohio Wildfowler

Re: 1's

Postby Rob MacK » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:21 pm

My 12 ga guns (both MP-153s) don't like 1s very much thats why I shoot Bs with them. 1s in my 10ga 1 1/2oz load they do very well. I expect that if they pattern well you will be very happy with 1s, in general the preform very well.

Rob
Baikal-MP-153.....The other, other "B" gun.
Rob MacK
hunter

Postby mudpack » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:52 am

blownsled wrote:Anyone try 3.5 1 1.5 ounce 1's

Jon Bergren wrote: I shoot RSI 88 with 1's

Jon Bergren wrote: RSI 88 is a 1 1/16oz load

See why I could single out ned's post, yuch? Ned's load isn't even close to what the OP asked about.

If you want to see Pavlovian responses, examine any of ned's posts from the last three years; they are all pretty much identical.

In fact, I can tell you what his next five posts will say, even when they will have little relation to the OP: " I shoot fast steel at __fps and ___oz of number ___shot. I get patterns with no holes from my 935 which shoots 100fps faster. It will penetrate to kill to 64.8 yards and I kill geese with no cripples out to 70 yards in Hereford county dust. My Pastor son killed one at 72 yards once."
Sound familiar? :smile:

(Feel free to copy/paste that above quote, ned....it will save you some time you can use doing something constructive, like playing bridge. :thumbsup: )
mudpack
hunter

Postby Yuchi1 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:56 pm

mudpack wrote:
blownsled wrote:Anyone try 3.5 1 1.5 ounce 1's

Jon Bergren wrote: I shoot RSI 88 with 1's

Jon Bergren wrote: RSI 88 is a 1 1/16oz load

See why I could single out ned's post, yuch? Ned's load isn't even close to what the OP asked about.

If you want to see Pavlovian responses, examine any of ned's posts from the last three years; they are all pretty much identical.

In fact, I can tell you what his next five posts will say, even when they will have little relation to the OP: " I shoot fast steel at __fps and ___oz of number ___shot. I get patterns with no holes from my 935 which shoots 100fps faster. It will penetrate to kill to 64.8 yards and I kill geese with no cripples out to 70 yards in Hereford county dust. My Pastor son killed one at 72 yards once."
Sound familiar? :smile:

Since Ned's referenced load is 3/16 oz. lighter than the other two posters' ( 1/1/4 oz.), shouldn't you have also chastised them as well...perhaps, 3/16ths less?

Muddy...your mancrush on this guy is epic.
:eek:

(Feel free to copy/paste that above quote, ned....it will save you some time you can ue doing something constructive, like playing bridge. :thumbsup: )
Sent from my Sumerian tablets

Does the number of bands claimed simply mean you have an Ebay account?

FSH Pro Staffer

High Potentate, NSSB (no spinning shotcup brotherhood)
Yuchi1
hunter

Postby Shurshot » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:00 am

While I don't shoot 3 1/2"- 1.5oz -1's, I have been shooting 1.25oz -1's in 2 3/4" and 3" shells ever since they came out. As has been mentioned, it's a great all around duck/goose load when hunting areas that provide opportunities on both- like field hunting in Sask. :thumbsup: But if you can get them to pattern right, they can be a great all around load for big ducks, open water divers and that ever hard-to-kill sea duck. I can't tell you how many times I've seen escaping or crippled birds getting riddled with 2's and 3's, only to be "crushed" when they run into a load of well placed 1's. You literally can see feathers explode vs the smaller, lighter shot. Highly recommend them . . . if they run well in your set up.

Btw, I love this thread! Seriousness and levity all wrapped up in one!!! :beer:
Shurshot
hunter

Postby clymerfowler » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:20 am

winchester expert 1 1/4 1s are my everything loads. only switch to 4s for early wood ducks.
mallards 8 (1band)
Wigeon 1
Pintail 1
woodies 7
goldens 3
buffies 1
bluebills 1
geese 57
clymerfowler
hunter

Previous

Return to Shotshell, Reloading, Ballistics, & Chokes